Missing item

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Interkarma

Re: Missing item

Post by Interkarma »

You don't need to spend time thinking about it. Someone involved will fix sooner or later. :)

As Jay has pointed out, the item is present in the target save. Your issue is with enabling smaller dungeons with active quests. Please see my information in the topic about this under heading Disadvantages.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1689

This topic has now veered off course, and the original issue can be considered solved. Closing.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Reopening with my sincere apologies to Ommamar both here and sent in PM. I'm only trying to keep topics on track with a single subject so I can follow them properly. I do value all feedback, I just can't possibly track all of it when one topic veers into something else completely. I have been utterly overwhelmed with feedback over the course of the last week, and following it all is becoming difficult.

Just so everyone knows, I am already looking at the building placement issue. I was made aware of this one a while back and plan to look at it this weekend.

In future, I will simply limit my interactions to the primary subject of topic. I won't try to engage once they veer off course into different subjects, and will allow the conversation to follow its own path. I will pick up on what I can, but if someone wants to make sure I'm aware of an issue - please create a dedicated topic for it. Thank you. :)

Edit: Issue with disabled sound mod crashing layout process is now fixed.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I wonder if it was a bit early to call DFU "alpha" given the resulting flood of new users and related questions/issues at a time when many known bugs still remained to be fixed, but of course hindsight is always 20/20! I do hope Interkarma can find a real life/DFU balance so he doesn't get burned out so close to the finish line, and doesn't feel like he has to answer every single question posted on twitter/reddit/the forums etc. himself. The community will continue to pitch in wherever possible. Just remember that health always comes first.

(And look at me derailing a topic JUST after IK talked about derailing topics... move along, nothing to see here. :lol:)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No worries, Ommamar. Lesson learned and everyone's fine.

As for DFU, "alpha" does mean "feature complete." We got a lot of hype for an alpha! I hope that excitement is matched by 1.0, which should mean "bug-free" :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:19 am As for DFU, "alpha" does mean "feature complete." We got a lot of hype for an alpha! I hope that excitement is matched by 1.0, which should mean "bug-free" :lol:
Yep I'm completely happy to call it alpha here. I just honestly didn't expect so much attention until much later. Things are improving daily though, and I'm learning some hard lessons about scaling my involvement and keeping others happy.

I've taken a few days off work next week now that things are slowing down a bit more. Hopefully after that I'll be back on track as well. :D