[0.10.22] Teleport into dungeon does not inject Foe quest resources [RESOLVED 0.10.23]

Falken

[0.10.22] Teleport into dungeon does not inject Foe quest resources [RESOLVED 0.10.23]

Post by Falken »

This may or may not be a problem with Unity itself but it is worth mentioning that I'm playing Unity in case there is a fix that involves the console somehow.

I'm really hoping there is such a fix. Because I'm doing the quest "Lich's Soul" for the King of Worms. I've solved the lever puzzles in the dungeon of Sentinel and made it to the room where the lich is supposed to be... and he isn't there. I've left the dungeon and then returned directly via the console command that teleports you straight to the quest target, and he still isn't there. The quest appears active, I have the scarab, but no lich.

I am 100% okay with just typing a console command to just complete the quest, if that is an option.

I zipped the Save14 folder, which I assume is the proper way to upload a save game? It is an attachment to this post. The file has my character standing right outside the door leading to the lich. The blue force field bars are gone.
Attachments
SAVE14.ZIP
(193.49 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Interkarma

Re: Karolis the Lich is missing in Daggerfall Unity, and this is game breaking.

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for posting save!

I'm not sure yet why target didn't spawn in your save. I just did the below and he spawned OK. Could you please try these steps in console and let me know what happens?
  1. Enter "tele2exit" then exit and re-enter dungeon.
  2. Enter "tele2qspawn" and you should land on top of lich.
Just in case you still have troubles, I've re-attached your save right in front of lich after doing the above. Watch out he's a bit angry. Use "tgm" to enable godmode and "killall" to nuke everything including Karolis for a quick resolution.

I'll have a deeper look tomorrow (getting late here in Australia) and try to understand why he didn't spawn for you. Do you have any mods installed at all? There might be some bad interaction I don't experience as I'm running without mods.

If you're able to reproduce reliably on your end (exiting and re-entering doesn't spawn target when starting from the save you sent me), a zipped copy of your output log after entering dungeon would be amazing. There might be something in there I can find.

Thanks and good luck.
Attachments
SAVE683.zip
(219.5 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just a quick update on this one. I have not been able to reproduce issue on my end or find a likely cause at this time. The target lich spawns reliably every time I enter the dungeon.

Falken, if you are able to get back to me with any more information - exact DFU version, mod loadout, OS, output logs, it would be very helpful to diagnose further. Cheers!

Zelos

Post by Zelos »

+1

Same thing happened to me.

The thing I did that may have messed things up is that I cleared/visited this Lich tomb before without the quest activated.

And when I came back with the quest I could not have it spawn.

Loaded before I got the quest, and tele2qspawn in Castle Sentinel, no Lich either.
Last edited by Zelos on Fri May 01, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums.. :)

Not sure about this one. This topic is quite old now, and this issue has not been reported any other time. Even when problems sound similar, they can have different causes due to how much changes over several months.

Can you please post a zip of your save? I'd be happy to take a closer look. Some information on locating save games is below.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27552#p27552

Cheers.

Zelos

Post by Zelos »

I’m trying to work around and all,

So far, I loaded before I got the quest, dis activated all the mods, still no lich.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The only way we can see what's going on is if you provide a save. The link I posted above outlines where to find saves, just zip up the save you're having troubles with, attach to a reply here, and we'll take a look. :)

Zelos

Post by Zelos »

Thanks for you fast responses by the way, so appreciated. First time daggerfall player here, I love the game so far, its just this quest here.

I attached 3 saves

One before killing the zombie
One before accepting the quest from Mannimarco
And one at the lich spawning point.

Zelos

Post by Zelos »

Oh it keeps saying this : Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Can you attach just a single save? Happy for you to post all saves in 3 separate replies if that works.