Enchanted gems of recall.

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Feiros

Enchanted gems of recall.

Post by Feiros »

Being able to use recall even with "pure no magika builds" will be a dream comes true for me. Now that DFU is here, i think it will be a good time to try and make a small mod that allows any kind of character to use recall without resorting to magic.

My main idea is that all characters will start with a small gem of recall right from the get go. Think of it like a small helpfull gift from the Emperor.

I've done some modding for New Vegas in the past and I am a 2d artist as well, but what I want to do in Daggerfall is out of the scope of 2d artwork or 3d modelling.

So I need some help to get me started. What kind of tools do I need to make this small custom item?

Example of past works down below
Attachments
Examples.jpg
Examples.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 1592 times
NCR RobesHeader.jpg
NCR RobesHeader.jpg (397.24 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
My Legion Armor presentaiton.jpg
My Legion Armor presentaiton.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 1592 times

Hazelnut

Re: Enchanted gems of recall.

Post by Hazelnut »

My Archaeologists guild mod is intended to make no-magic builds viable. If you join you get a mark of recall. This can be repaired as it wears out by the guild. I think this is what you're after right?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Feiros

Post by Feiros »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:23 am My Archaeologists guild mod is intended to make no-magic builds viable. If you join you get a mark of recall. This can be repaired as it wears out by the guild. I think this is what you're after right?
Sounds perfect!

A stand alone version of your mark of recall item would be nice to have(for role playing reasons), but hey, I was planning to install the guild mod either way.

Is the version 0.6 still the latest one?

Feiros

Post by Feiros »

Edit: Damn, the mod is sooooooooo well implemented with the rest of the game. It really feels like it was part of Daggerfall right from the start.

And I've got the item I wanted as well.

Fantastic job :)