KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

I dont know Adrinus, the armors are simply missing the _Silver tag... there is not a single armor with a silver tag, that tells me something is off, because there is silver material for armors, and those silver parts of armors in your pack are the only ones which dont have a suffix...

You are the boss of this mod, I dont know how its supposed to be made, maybe its good this way. Maybe silver parts do not have to have a suffix.

From my experience, this is not the case tho..

I dont see these suffixes in the armor part:
leather
chain
silver

Just letting u know, maybe its correct, I cant tell :)

PS: I use the latest pack u sent me, that single file...

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:09 pm I dont see these suffixes in the armor part:
leather
chain
silver
This is correct.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

TheLacus wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:22 pm
King of Worms wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:09 pm I dont see these suffixes in the armor part:
leather
chain
silver
This is correct.
Ok thanks for clarification

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

No worries questioning it. I also took a couple hours coping with it.

Just to be sure I'm clear though: The silver mace has no texture, neither in-hand or in inventory (which is odd, since even the tanto works once equipped). This doesn't happen with all silver weapons as far as I know, and I know it doesn't happen with all maces. Despite knowing I didn't need a _Silver version, I made one anyway to test: still default vanilla graphics.

I think there might be just a few quirks in the DFU code pertaining to this, or my earlier theory about the game randomly not loading certain files if there are too many textures, is true.

Edit: I think I've discovered something handy for bug-squashers: By my best guess, the weapons are being drawn in the positions for the male versions: This could be happening with certain helms too causing the eyes to be hidden.
Spoiler!

paperdoll difference.gif
paperdoll difference.gif (1.74 MiB) Viewed 2298 times
Last edited by Adrinus on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:16 pm No worries questioning it. I also took a couple hours coping with it.

Just to be sure I'm clear though: The silver mace has no texture, neither in-hand or in inventory (which is odd, since even the tanto works once equipped). This doesn't happen with all silver weapons as far as I know, and I know it doesn't happen with all maces. Despite knowing I didn't need a _Silver version, I made one anyway to test: still default vanilla graphics.

I think there might be just a few quirks in the DFU code pertaining to this, or my earlier theory about the game randomly not loading certain files if there are too many textures, is true.
Im building the DFMOD now .)

Ad the theory of "too many textures" - this can be proved right/wrong easily - by ONLY using the textures you are not certain about. Put just those in the streaming assets. If the problem persists, u KNOW its NOT because of too many textures, and than a report to Lacus might be in place. If it solves the issue, we know its because of too many textures.

PS: Fully functional ADD command in the console would REALLY come handy to test this all out...
Not its super-restricted. I can basically just add Torch and Gold :D Maybe it can do more, but I dont know how.

Add mace silver
Add mace orcish

etc

Add cloak red

etc...

Thats what we need here

Or the godfather of all commands :twisted: :twisted:

Add all

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:39 pm Ad the theory of "too many textures" - this can be proved right/wrong easily - by ONLY using the textures you are not certain about. Put just those in the streaming assets. If the problem persists, u KNOW its NOT because of too many textures, and than a report to Lacus might be in place. If it solves the issue, we know its because of too many textures.
Good call. I just did that, and still no luck. So I think that makes it official: DFU is doing something wrong with the textures, not all of them, but some of them.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok so theres a problem.

When packed as DFMOD, you suddenly cant unequip anything from the paperdoll...

U click it with equip/use command and nothing happens, no matter where u click on the paperdoll.

Inspector settings:
insp.jpg
insp.jpg (148.98 KiB) Viewed 2293 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Now, this is insanity, but are you wearing a cloak perchance? I don't think it should happen, but maybe a masking layer is covering the paperdoll in "invisibility"....

It never happened like you described before, but when figuring out the masks, I had the entire guy's head and helm just disappear, and I couldn't find the helm easily to remove it.
Last edited by Adrinus on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:48 pm
King of Worms wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:39 pm Ad the theory of "too many textures" - this can be proved right/wrong easily - by ONLY using the textures you are not certain about. Put just those in the streaming assets. If the problem persists, u KNOW its NOT because of too many textures, and than a report to Lacus might be in place. If it solves the issue, we know its because of too many textures.
Good call. I just did that, and still no luck. So I think that makes it official: DFU is doing something wrong with the textures, not all of them, but some of them.
Last thing would be comparing it to vanilla...
To know if its the DFU specific or a Daggerfall "feature"

EDIT: It happens with or without a equiped cloak
I can equip things IN (like - clicking a dagger in the inventory and it will equip to paperdoll)
But I cant equip anything OUT (like clicking the dagger held in paperdoll hand to put it back in inventory)

And yes, this is DFMOD specific, it worked ok with a loose files

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Well what do you know. It's a daggerfall "feature".
Spoiler!
DF Classic

DFU with mods

DFU with no mods
Unfortunately it does seem extra pronounced in DFU.