Floating quest items

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ommamar

Floating quest items

Post by Ommamar »

I had seen this for loot piles before but not a quest item/person. I am guessing that things are placed on that bridge then when the lever is used to move it over they end up there suspended in air. Luckily I had a potion of levitation so I was able to go get her but without that ability you wouldn't be able to complete the quest.
Attachments
SAVE31.zip
(181.36 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

Interkarma

Re: Floating quest items

Post by Interkarma »

Item and loot markers are not coupled to moving platforms except in very special cases (e.g. the mobile cage in Castle Daggerfall's treasure room). The same thing will happen in classic, and we inherit this as we're using the same game data.

Ommamar

Re: Floating quest items

Post by Ommamar »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:39 pm Item and loot markers are not coupled to moving platforms except in very special cases (e.g. the mobile cage in Castle Daggerfall's treasure room). The same thing will happen in classic, and we inherit this as we're using the same game data.
Oh Hmm never experienced that in classic. The one time I saw a quest item on the bridge after I moved it was the first Sentinel quest which is a branch of the main quest. So I guess it is possible to do but must take some work as that is the only place I recall seeing that happen.