Completing a quest for a Witch Coven seems not to affect Daedra Summoning price [RESOLVED]

Firebrand

Completing a quest for a Witch Coven seems not to affect Daedra Summoning price [RESOLVED]

Post by Firebrand »

I've succesfully completed the quest

Public Relation (q0c00y03)

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Public_Relation

for the The Sisters of The Bluff at the The Coven on The Bluff. However, the price for Daedra summoning didn't change, and is still 200.000 gold like before completing the quest. Wasn't supposed to go down to 195.000? :?

On a second note, in that quest after you enter the house of the child, she says

"This is where I live! This is my home!" (Child's name) gives you a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you, (player's first name)!"

but her icon don't disappear. The child icon disappears only when you return to the Witch Coven, and talks to the witch to complete the quest. Shouldn't be less confusing if the child icon disappears as soon as you enter her house? :?

Jay_H

Re: Completing a quest for a Witch Coven seems not to affect Daedra Summoning price

Post by Jay_H »

On a second note, in that quest after you enter the house of the child, she says

"This is where I live! This is my home!" (Child's name) gives you a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you, (player's first name)!"

but her icon don't disappear. The child icon disappears only when you return to the Witch Coven, and talks to the witch to complete the quest. Shouldn't be less confusing if the child icon disappears as soon as you enter her house? :?
The code is properly written in the quest:

Code: Select all

pc at _home_ set _S.01_

_S.01_ task:
	say 1011 
	drop _child_ face
	start task _S.07_
I'll see if I can reproduce this at some point.

Firebrand

Re: Completing a quest for a Witch Coven seems not to affect Daedra Summoning price

Post by Firebrand »

Firebrand wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:04 pm I've succesfully completed the quest

Public Relation (q0c00y03)

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Public_Relation

for the The Sisters of The Bluff at the The Coven on The Bluff. However, the price for Daedra summoning didn't change, and is still 200.000 gold like before completing the quest. Wasn't supposed to go down to 195.000? :?
I've checked in my savegame folder, in the FactionData.txt. I've found this:

{
            "Key": 423,
            "Value": {
                "id": 423,
                "parent": 0,
                "type": 8,
                "name": "The Sisters of the Bluff",
                "rep": 0,
                "summon": 17,
                "region": 17,
                "power": 15,
                "flags": 1,
                "ruler": 0,
                "ally1": 0,
                "ally2": 0,
                "ally3": 0,
                "enemy1": 0,
                "enemy2": 0,
                "enemy3": 0,
                "face": -1,
                "race": -1,
                "flat1": 22914,
                "flat2": 22914,
                "sgroup": 7,
                "ggroup": 22,
                "minf": 20,
                "maxf": 45,
                "vam": 0,
                "rank": 0,
                "rulerNameSeed": 0,
                "rulerPowerBonus": 0,
                "ptrToNextFactionAtSameHierarchyLevel": 0,
                "ptrToFirstChildFaction": 0,
                "ptrToParentFaction": 0,
                "children": null
            }
        }
I think that rep = 0 means that my reputation with them is 0, so it looks like that completing that quest didn't improve my reputation with them. :?

While doing and completing that quest, I was running DFU Alpha 0.10.3.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

I've manually edited my savegame to improve my reputation with them to 100, and in that case the Daedra Summoning price is correctly 100000. So it looks like that the problem is not the price of the summoning, but that completing that quest didn't improve my reputation with them :?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

can you provide a save just before accepting (if possible) and just before completion? Or if not, any save with quest active and not ended etc will hopefully help. It may be a faction id issue with the coven quests.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:50 pm can you provide a save just before accepting (if possible) and just before completion? Or if not, any save with quest active and not ended etc will hopefully help. It may be a faction id issue with the coven quests.
I'm attaching 3 saves :)
I confirm that even using DFU 0.10.4 you won't get any reputation points with the Coven after completing quests for them.
Attachments
SAVE30.zip
Just before accepting the quest from the Coven.
(279.2 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
SAVE31.zip
Just after accepting the quest from the Coven
(343.81 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
SAVE32.zip
Just before delivering the potion to the mage and completing the quest.
(276.35 KiB) Downloaded 158 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Firebrand wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:48 pm
Hazelnut wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:50 pm can you provide a save just before accepting (if possible) and just before completion? Or if not, any save with quest active and not ended etc will hopefully help. It may be a faction id issue with the coven quests.
I'm attaching 3 saves :)
I confirm that even using DFU 0.10.4 you won't get any reputation points with the Coven after completing quests for them.
Thanks, I found the issue. It's not specific to witch covens, if a faction rep change with propagation (alies, foes, children etc) is called but the faction is a single lone entry then no rep change was being executed. Have fixed it now.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods