I seem to be encountering some bugs

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Sammy

I seem to be encountering some bugs

Post by Sammy »

The quest where you try to impersonate a guy to fight a duel in his stead seems to be entirely broken, I have never been able to complete it. Basically the quest giver tells you to find the guy (he's always in another town), you go to that town and click on him, and he says something like "Oh I just need to get my gear" and runs off, and then the quest Log tells you that the duel will still go ahead but back in the original town you got the quest, but when you return to that town the quest has been removed from the Log and game acts like you failed it. This happens every time I get this quest.

I've also had problems with other quests. I got one where an NPC wants me to get Flowers (Southern) for someone's birthday, the quest tells me to go to a specific building to talk to someone to get the flowers, but when I go there I cannot find said NPC, and I looked EVERYWHERE in the building.

Another one was the quest where you have to clear the monsters from a specific building within a day, in this one I had the problem that when I got to the building the monsters would not turn up, I loitered for hours and they didn't appear. I think I may know the reason for this bug, I had a quest in that same building previously (it was to clear a "barbarian" from the premises), and the barbarian's corpse was still in the building, maybe having two quests in the same house bugged it?
Last edited by Sammy on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ommamar

Re: I seem to be encountering some bugs

Post by Ommamar »

On that first quest after the targeted person says he has to go get his equipment, I went outside to see if I could find him. 3 or 4 enemies spawned, either his friends or people he hired. Once they where defeated I got a note indicating that I had defeated the person.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm going to disable the Two Cowards and Birthday Present quests since we haven't resolved how to spawn those NPCs properly. Once we do I'll add them back in the game.

For the third quest it could be several things. Do you have a save game while the quest is active? And what's your DFU version number?

Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:50 pm I'm going to disable the Two Cowards and Birthday Present quests since we haven't resolved how to spawn those NPCs properly. Once we do I'll add them back in the game.

For the third quest it could be several things. Do you have a save game while the quest is active? And what's your DFU version number?
Unfortunately I got rid of the specific save game as I started a new character, I was using 10.4.