pre - lycantophy does not get cured by healers within the 3 days

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
chico76

pre - lycantophy does not get cured by healers within the 3 days

Post by chico76 »

been playing some builds and been infected by lycantophy.
however, even after teleporting directly to the temple after the "dream about the moon" dream I still become a lycanthrophe after healing with the healer.
a minor issue really sinc i can cure withe the console, however i breaks the gameplay.
system info:
daggerfall build - 1.07.213
Unity build: Alpha 0.10.3
system:
[xxx@[hostname] ~]$ uname -a
Linux [hostname] 5.2.2-arch1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jul 21 19:18:34 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
arch linux.

Jay_H

Re: pre - lycantophy does not get cured by healers within the 3 days

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome :) Could you post a save game at the time of infection?

chico76

Post by chico76 »

Sorry deleted that save.
I will do a new one and post the infected and after "cure" asap

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This one is my fault sorry. I forgot to tag lycanthropy correctly as a disease when creating it. :oops:

This was fixed in 0.10.3 however - and tested thoroughly. If you experienced this recently, you must still be on an older build.

chico76

Post by chico76 »

Ok, I'll try to re-download it and try again.
I did download daggerfall unity just this week.
Been playing daggerfall since 2006 :-)
I am trying a new build right now just to get the save data..
I'll let you know if it works or not.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers! And happy to find more bugs to fix if that's the problem. :)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

So I just had the dream indicating I was infected, I took a cure disease potion. Traveled to finish the quest I was on then traveled to a temple to get more potions. I have all the attribute raises indicating I am infected, I tried to cure disease at temple but they say I am not diseased. Here is save before I traveled,
Attachments
SAVE25.zip
(272.71 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You can only cure lycanthropy in the 3 days prior to turning - while the disease is actually active. Once you have become a lycanthrope, you can no longer cure it like a disease.

Note that potions for spells which carry a chance component will need to have a successful roll for that spell effect to work. It's likely your Cure Disease potion simply didn't work. You can see the chance of potion spells on this UESP page.

You still have time to get cured though, and there are two temples just SW and SE of your save. I travelled recklessly to the Gentle Tree of Kynareth less than a day away and cured your character.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:10 pm You can only cure lycanthropy in the 3 days prior to turning - while the disease is actually active. Once you have become a lycanthrope, you can no longer cure it like a disease.

Note that potions for spells which carry a chance component will need to have a successful roll for that spell effect to work. It's likely your Cure Disease potion simply didn't work. You can see the chance of potion spells on this UESP page.

You still have time to get cured though, and there are two temples just SW and SE of your save. I travelled recklessly to the Gentle Tree of Kynareth less than a day away and cured your character.
I guess that is the confusion, I got the disease Brain Rot later on and tried to use a potion to cure it the first time I got the cast failed message and wasn't cured the second time no message and I was cured. Since I drank the potion I got no message so the assumption is that it was cured, I have had the same thing occur with using an actual spell. With no cure message used the only way you can tell if it worked for other diseases is if you DON'T get a message. I guess the best strategy is to go directly to a temple right after the dream as I have not had good luck using a potion or a spell.

chico76

Post by chico76 »

Hi.
I did upgrade mu DFUnity but haven't been infected by lycantrophy on the build I made to try it out.
I'll report back here if I get infected and can not use the healers (within the three days) to get cured.