0.10.4 Random enemy spawned in wilderness not removed properly when loading prior save [RESOLVED]

yabay

0.10.4 Random enemy spawned in wilderness not removed properly when loading prior save [RESOLVED]

Post by yabay »

Hello!
When my character walks in the wild and when my character is tired, I make a quick save before resting. My character is resting, and the enemy appears. I am doing a quick load, but the enemy continues to attack my character. If you exit the game, then go into the game and load a quick save, then the enemy disappears.
Daggerfall Unity Version 0.10.4 with no additional mods
Thanks!

Ommamar

Re: Possible bug with saving attacking enemies after quick loading

Post by Ommamar »

I am not sure I am grasping what you are saying. Are you quick saving while being attacked then reloading the save and not having the same enemy attacking you?

yabay

Post by yabay »

I quick save before attack. My caracter rests, say, for three hours, an enemy appears, I do a quickload but the same enemy continues to attack me. This only happens on earth. In the dungeons, this does not happen. My save in this post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2519#p29352

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Ok I think I understand, so you rest then when an enemy interrupts the rest you load the save before you begin resting but the enemy that interrupted the rest is still present and attacking you, is this the correct scenario occurring?

If you could attach the save it would help people evaluate what is going on. Here is solid instruction on how to do that if you are not sure how to: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=313

pango

Post by pango »

A save probably won't help, the enemies didn't spawn at the time of the save, so they won't be included. Looks more like a dynamic effect, outdoors monsters not being correctly cleared from memory by reloading on same or very close location.
Reminds me of Ian/Indigo being killed twice by the same group of enemies, but I thought this was fixed :(
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I can reproduce.

-save in wilderness
-rest till interrupted
-load save, monster still there even though it appeared after saving

yabay

Post by yabay »

[quote=Ommamar post_id=29413 time=1565843437 user_id=1596]
Ok I think I understand, so you rest then when an enemy interrupts the rest you load the save before you begin resting but the enemy that interrupted the rest is still present and attacking you, is this the correct scenario occurring?
[/quote]
[quote=BansheeXYZ post_id=29423 time=1565859452 user_id=210]
-save in wilderness
-rest till interrupted
-load save, monster still there even though it appeared after saving
[/quote]
Exactly. Thanks for the help! Is it a bug or game mechanics?
Attachments
Saves.zip
(226.58 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Issue here is that enemy isn't being spawned into one of the groups that are cleaned up during reload, this makes them able to persist.

I'll move this to Bug Reports and fix later. Thanks for the report. :)

Interkarma

Re: 0.10.4 Random enemy spawned in wilderness not removed properly when loading prior save

Post by Interkarma »

Resolved.