[MOD] Real Grass 2

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
apprihensivsoul

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2

Post by apprihensivsoul »

What are the odds a low-res version could be made? Or how much work would that take. Partially because of processor requirements, on my end, but also because I prefer the vanilla artstyle, and groundcover would add to it if it matched.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

apprihensivsoul wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:43 am What are the odds a low-res version could be made? Or how much work would that take. Partially because of processor requirements, on my end, but also because I prefer the vanilla artstyle, and groundcover would add to it if it matched.
retro mode, tryed that?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

apprihensivsoul wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:43 am What are the odds a low-res version could be made? Or how much work would that take. Partially because of processor requirements, on my end, but also because I prefer the vanilla artstyle, and groundcover would add to it if it matched.
I believe VMblast's textures fits Daggerfall art style, but you can disable them and revert to original textures from Uncanny:

Grass->Realistic: unchecked
Water Plants->Mode: Disabled
Others->Flowers: Disabled
Others->Stones: Disabled

classic_0.png
classic_0.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 4049 times

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:26 pm I like the desert area coverage!
Thank you. Version 2.5 is available now on first post.

Lava Croft

Post by Lava Croft »

Hi, thank you for your work!

Using the 'Tall Grass' preset results in this, which I believe is due to a combination of the 'non-realistic' textures and having the shader use billboards and maybe the type of texture filtering(?):

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Lava Croft wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:25 am Hi, thank you for your work!

Using the 'Tall Grass' preset results in this, which I believe is due to a combination of the 'non-realistic' textures and having the shader use billboards and maybe the type of texture filtering(?):
This happens because all textures for terrain details are merged into an atlas, which is something i have no control over. I fixed this issue in the past by editing the UV on the grass mesh, but i can't do it for billboards. I'll see if i can work around it by editing textures directly.

Braggi

Post by Braggi »

Love this mod.

Maybe its the old-skooler in me, but I actually prefer the billboard mode over the 3-D meshes. Fits better with the look of the trees in-game, since I'm not using any enhancements for them.

Has anyone brought up the idea of trying to do the billboard tree foliage using a similar animation method to your grass? Not sure if its possible, but I thought I'd ask.

Anyways - great work! :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Version 2.5.1 is available with some minor fixes.
Braggi wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:05 pm Love this mod.

Maybe its the old-skooler in me, but I actually prefer the billboard mode over the 3-D meshes. Fits better with the look of the trees in-game, since I'm not using any enhancements for them.

Has anyone brought up the idea of trying to do the billboard tree foliage using a similar animation method to your grass? Not sure if its possible, but I thought I'd ask.

Anyways - great work! :)
This kind of wind movement look good only for grass. I think it would be a bit weird to see entire trees swinging in the wind; you would expect only leaves to move, not the entire plant as a billboard. ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I had this idea about the sprites moving a bit in a wind as well.
A bit less movement than the grass ofc if possible.

I think it MIGHT actually look good after all. Eventho it sounds unrealistic "on the paper" it might be ok in game.
Maybe worth a test, if its not something too demanding to try.

Thanks for a updated version, love this mod!

OMightyBuggy

Post by OMightyBuggy »

W00t! I just saw that Real Grass updated. Thanks for keeping up on it. :)