Add new entries to the log in notebook.

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
raulpuro

Add new entries to the log in notebook.

Post by raulpuro »

Hi,

There are some entries in the notebook such as repairing items, requesting a credit ... that does not indicate the city, nor the time you have to repair (or return the loan).
It would be very useful if this data could be added to the log.

Greetings

pango

Re: Add new entries to the log in notebook.

Post by pango »

Talking of that, the "copy to notebook" button from dialog screen only record answers, not the question that was asked. That's usually enough, but sometimes the answers are inintelligible out of context...
To save space and ease search, I think the question path (Where is/Person/<name>) could be more useful than the question generated
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Copy to notebook copies the selected text entries from the conversation window - by default this is simply the last one. Click on any you wish to, the entry is highlighted in white then press copy. Entries copied get a blue shadow so you know which are going to be copied... the copy actually doesn't happen until you close the window, so impossible to double copy text chunks. Also right click copy button will select the whole conversation. Needs documenting on the upcoming wiki and in a players guide as it's not obvious I suppose. This was the best system I could develop within the existing vanilla DF UI for talking.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:54 pm Copy to notebook copies the selected text entries from the conversation window - by default this is simply the last one. Click on any you wish to, the entry is highlighted in white then press copy. Entries copied get a blue shadow so you know which are going to be copied... the copy actually doesn't happen until you close the window, so impossible to double copy text chunks. Also right click copy button will select the whole conversation. Needs documenting on the upcoming wiki and in a players guide as it's not obvious I suppose. This was the best system I could develop within the existing vanilla DF UI for talking.
No not obvious at all, thanks for the information, it will come in handy!

raulpuro

Post by raulpuro »

Hi,
Hazelnut wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:54 pm Copy to notebook copies the selected text entries from the conversation window - by default this is simply the last one. Click on any you wish to, the entry is highlighted in white then press copy. Entries copied get a blue shadow so you know which are going to be copied... the copy actually doesn't happen until you close the window, so impossible to double copy text chunks. Also right click copy button will select the whole conversation. Needs documenting on the upcoming wiki and in a players guide as it's not obvious I suppose. This was the best system I could develop within the existing vanilla DF UI for talking.
Thanks a lot, but when I do bank operations I don't have the option to copy text and no log appears on the notebook, when I ask a blacksmith to repair a weapon, although I don't have the option to copy text either, if a log appears in the notebook and I can manually add the days it will take to repair the item.

Greetings.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

raulpuro wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:41 pm There are some entries in the notebook such as repairing items, requesting a credit ... that does not indicate the city, nor the time you have to repair (or return the loan).
Every entry has a heading with the time, date and city - including repair entries.

I've just realised that gaining a house doesn't make an entry, will add that I think. Forgetting where your house is would be annoying.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

raulpuro

Post by raulpuro »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:23 pm I've just realised that gaining a house doesn't make an entry, will add that I think. Forgetting where your house is would be annoying.
Hi,

Sorry for responding so late and being so insistent, but it would be interesting to also add a log for all the operations that can be performed in the banks (take out money, ask for a credit ...) and indicate the name of the bank and city where they have been Performed these operations.

Greetings and thanks for your time

pango

Post by pango »

raulpuro wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:33 am Sorry for responding so late and being so insistent, but it would be interesting to also add a log for all the operations that can be performed in the banks (take out money, ask for a credit ...) and indicate the name of the bank and city where they have been Performed these operations.
Just in case you didn't notice it and it solves your needs, if you click on GOLD line in your character sheet, Daggerall Unity will display a table of your accounts and loans by region now.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

raulpuro

Post by raulpuro »

pango wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:40 am Just in case you didn't notice it and it solves your needs, if you click on GOLD line in your character sheet, Daggerall Unity will display a table of your accounts and loans by region now.
Hi,

Great, thanks pango, works correctly .

Regards.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

pango wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:40 am
raulpuro wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:33 am Sorry for responding so late and being so insistent, but it would be interesting to also add a log for all the operations that can be performed in the banks (take out money, ask for a credit ...) and indicate the name of the bank and city where they have been Performed these operations.
Just in case you didn't notice it and it solves your needs, if you click on GOLD line in your character sheet, Daggerall Unity will display a table of your accounts and loans by region now.
Everyday I discover a new useful features of DFU. I wonder how many others I didn't know :lol: