0.10.4 Racial/Career Immunity still imperfect with no specific weaknesses [RESOLVED]

Madae

0.10.4 Racial/Career Immunity still imperfect with no specific weaknesses [RESOLVED]

Post by Madae »

Or maybe it isn't a bug, but it sure seems like it...

I've been toying around with a completely magic-less build and using those freed up points for immunity to all types of magic damage in advantages. However, I'm finding out that Imps are somehow still able to damage me with spells despite being immune to fire, frost, poison, shock and magic. Whatever way I look at this, it just seems silly and shouldn't be possible. It is quite obviously a spell it is casting on me, and yet they supposedly only have two; wizard's fire and toxic cloud, both of which I should be immune to.

On a side note, it does appear to be a touch spell it is using, and both of those spells are listed as range on the wiki. Maybe this is something different? It's not new, cause I remember imps using this particular ability from way back. Clearly a magic/spell attack, though.

Also just finding out that high elf immunity to paralysis doesn't appear to work either, because I'm still getting paralyzed on another character I'm trying. However, I did take critical weakness to it, because, ya know, that was always a thing and all, so maybe that was changed in unity?

pango

Re: Immunity bug

Post by pango »

Hi,

Things that change in Daggerfall Unity: https://www.reddit.com/r/daggerfallunit ... c/ej49y1c/
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Madae

Post by Madae »

pango wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:36 am Hi,

Things that change in Daggerfall Unity: https://www.reddit.com/r/daggerfallunit ... c/ej49y1c/
That doesn't explain why I can have immunity to fire, frost, shock, poison and magic and yet I still take damage from an Imp touch spell. It still says I'm supposed to have 100% "saving throw".

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Please post a zip of your save and someone will be able to inspect further. Thank you. :)

Madae

Post by Madae »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:23 am Please post a zip of your save and someone will be able to inspect further. Thank you. :)
Is everyone else experiencing something different then? Because it's not hard to recreate. Immunity to everything (except disease and paralysis, the latter coming from high elf), go to the imp in the second room. I made a character how I was basically trying to do it and did a few run ins. I was actually thinking I may have found the problem (less resistant to magic history choice, not sure if i picked it last time or the usual disease choice), but I went with tire easily this time, ran in there and it was seeming like I was resisting everything, but then he did start hitting me again with whatever that touch spell is (maybe it's an issue with loading the game?*). The only change I've made to the game was a link to a bunch of altered clothes files to fix the neck clipping on the khajiit suit, otherwise everything is base unity.

*Only mention this because I did experience an issue where I saved the game after being awakened by a zombie, who was dangerous to me at the time, and every time I reloaded it, it spawned another copy and duplicated him every time. This is weird, because I know the bug where reloading a game after dying to an enemy in the general area still has the enemy there even without going through the process of resting and getting attacked again, but that one was doubling up every load. I eventually ran away after I had spawned 4 that way.
Attachments
SAVE9.zip
(176.3 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I can't get it to cast Wizard's Fire, but Toxic Cloud did hurt. It took a few tries but it happened. Your save file properly shows "Immunity to Poison."

Code: Select all

"Paralysis": "Normal",
                "Magic": "Immune",
                "Poison": "Immune",
                "Fire": "Immune",
                "Frost": "Immune",
                "Shock": "Immune",
                "Disease": "Normal",

Code: Select all

"biographyResistDiseaseMod": 0,
            "biographyResistMagicMod": 0,
            "biographyAvoidHitMod": 0,
            "biographyResistPoisonMod": 0,
            "biographyFatigueMod": -5,
            "biographyReactionMod": 0,

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Madae wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:59 am Is everyone else experiencing something different then? Because it's not hard to recreate.
Before we can verify a bug, we need to check that your character build actually matches your description. There are far too many variables involved in this game to go on anecdote alone. Only a save game is hard data. Thank you for posting save. :)

One more thing, can you please confirm exactly which version you are using? This is displayed at top-right of screen when pause menu is open. Once I have this, I'll move to bug reports to get fixed.

Madae

Post by Madae »

Interesting. That code you posted showed Paralysis immunity as normal, but that shouldn't be right since it's a high elf character. I haven't had any problems with another high elf I made, though - I seem to resist every paralysis attempt, against spiders at least. Only level 8 atm, so I don't know if the level 9+ mages will give me trouble yet, but they're pretty happy with that spell I've found, so I'll know soon enough.

Version is 10.4.

Interkarma

Re: 0.10.4 Racial/Career Immunity still imperfect with no specific weaknesses

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers! I'll move all this to bug reports to be looked at closer.

When it comes to immunity, the player is a compound of both racial and career information. Looks like Jay has posted career data, but there's still more to it.

I actually added a specific immunity short-circuit a couple of versions back, but I now think it's probably not evaluating both career and racial immunity. I'll check as I work through this one.

Interkarma

Re: 0.10.4 Racial/Career Immunity still imperfect with no specific weaknesses

Post by Interkarma »

Have resolved a few issues from this report:
  • Fixed issue of immunity not being 100% when it should be due to flag combining error.
  • Fixed "save versus spell" not being displayed when player resisted 100% of spell.
  • Fixed range check preventing enemies from casting spells like Wizard's Fire at player.