Isle of Betony

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Jay_H

Re: Isle of Betony

Post by Jay_H »

Completely fine. It's much better to have a good foundation, since you can add to it later if you choose. They look great.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I love the new screens mate, you getting really good at it!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I know I already said this, but the potential here is mindblowing. Once modders start combining hand-crafted environments with bespoke quest actions and magic effects, almost anything is possible. It also just occurred to me someone could potentially even make a custom quest engine just for these environments.

I'm really excited for what the future brings from you all. :)

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Betony is charted and done. Only thing that is left is to look out for bugs and then fix them. It took the entirety of last month to get about 30% of Betony done. I finished the rest this week after changing the direction of how I did it and had more of a grounded rule of how to approach it. The remaining 50% of Betony was done today alone and, my guess worked out, I also have a layer file for extra detail that only took 30 minutes to do.

I no longer want to focus on adding locations however, I'd like to just chart the land so when we have a good amount of locations to place in, we can do that immediately. Dungeon/city exteriors are left alone so they can be changed separately. I'd like the future of this to be laying base for the rest of the land, starting with the smaller regions, and then expanding to the great mountains. The remaining part of the island are just rock structures to flesh out the baron land. I would like to go ahead and get this out so we can see how taxing this will be on computers. Until then, I will leave you with these.

Spoiler!

Sirellyn

Post by Sirellyn »

Hello Kamer, I'm new here. You mentioned "Uncanny's New Locations mod" in your first post. Where can I find this? And is that it's proper name? Search in the forums doesn't turn up anything on that.
I'd also like to see your mod too, but I assume there's no download link as it's not ready yet. It is looking fantastic though!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Uncanny hasn't made it public yet. There was a request for a tester/modder to join it in the beta phase, and Kamer was the lucky one chosen.

Sirellyn

Post by Sirellyn »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:49 am Uncanny hasn't made it public yet. There was a request for a tester/modder to join it in the beta phase, and Kamer was the lucky one chosen.
Thanks. I'll be patient and I'm looking forward to it!