[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
hokujin

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83c)

Post by hokujin »

I've found a small issue with the main portion of the mod. When editing the small ship interior with worldData overrides i noticed some objects (mostly storage objects used in stores or inns) seemed to have additional collision boxes a short distance away from the actual object.

https://mega.nz/#!BlVUBAAS!H2yDMnhaiuAQ ... kBUqW2U0ks

The one bugging out in this worldData edit is the interior object
{
"ModelId": "41036",
"ModelIdNum": 41036,
"ObjectType": 3,
"XPos": -600,
"YPos": 145,
"ZPos": 0,
"YRotation": 1536
}
It seems to have collision boxes extremely close to the entrance of the ship, which might be causing an infinite loading bug with the loading screen mod for me. Every other object in the map is working fine except that one.

I love this mod too much to turn it off though. So i guess I'll just wait till asset injection modding works perfectly with worldData editing before i continue modding the ship interiors.

Ommamar

Big items in dungeons

Post by Ommamar »

Not sure if this is here without mods but not a good idea, I got stuck under it which the camera doesn't like at all!
Attachments
SAVE29.zip
(248.75 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

King of Worms

Re: Big items in dungeons

Post by King of Worms »

Why cant u try it without mods 1st? Or at least add a screenshot so we know what u talking about?

pango

Post by pango »

I noticed that in transient states (as you approach cities, or fountain coming in your field of sight), fountain particles start high in the sky before everything settles correctly. Video example at the end of first @Vondur's "mad genius" episode (watch carefully, it lasts maybe just a second):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPL9xKpvet0&t=23m6s
I suspect it's something to tweak in particles emitter, but it could also need some engine help.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:51 pm I can create something.
I need a dimensions of the texture... maybe send me the old ones and I can upgrade em?
Can these textures utilize normal maps for example? Normal and height maps usually are enough to make anything look good.
Hey, sorry for late reply. Thanks for the offer, still need to finish some UV maps before we can begin texturing the gravestones, will get back to you :)
hokujin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:41 am I've found a small issue with the main portion of the mod. When editing the small ship interior with worldData overrides i noticed some objects (mostly storage objects used in stores or inns) seemed to have additional collision boxes a short distance away from the actual object.

https://mega.nz/#!BlVUBAAS!H2yDMnhaiuAQ ... kBUqW2U0ks

The one bugging out in this worldData edit is the interior object
{
"ModelId": "41036",
"ModelIdNum": 41036,
"ObjectType": 3,
"XPos": -600,
"YPos": 145,
"ZPos": 0,
"YRotation": 1536
}
It seems to have collision boxes extremely close to the entrance of the ship, which might be causing an infinite loading bug with the loading screen mod for me. Every other object in the map is working fine except that one.

I love this mod too much to turn it off though. So i guess I'll just wait till asset injection modding works perfectly with worldData editing before i continue modding the ship interiors.
Thanks for the detailed report, will check it out.
pango wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:23 pm I noticed that in transient states (as you approach cities, or fountain coming in your field of sight), fountain particles start high in the sky before everything settles correctly. Video example at the end of first @Vondur's "mad genius" episode (watch carefully, it lasts maybe just a second):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPL9xKpvet0&t=23m6s
I suspect it's something to tweak in particles emitter, but it could also need some engine help.
Thanks, never noticed that before, seems to only affect one particle system in the fountain models. Will check it out :)

Also, I have created a page for this mod on NexusMods here: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/9 . Posting pictures, comments and rating the mod is appreciated :)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Here are some screenshots showing what I am talking about.

https://imgur.com/a/a2ylZKj

As you can see that log covers most of that hallway so you have to hug the wall or you will get stuck in it.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Some modded objects don't have the correct scale. Best to post this information in the mod topic for related mod so the creator can take a look.

pango

Post by pango »

I've seen oversized models before, and the specific objects were fixed by mod author. I'm not totally convinced the tree in your screenshots has the wrong scale though.
Using Castle Necromoghan as an example of what it's supposed to look like:
castle necromoghan - tree 2.jpg
castle necromoghan - tree 2.jpg (231.22 KiB) Viewed 4930 times
castle necromoghan - tree 1.jpg
castle necromoghan - tree 1.jpg (245.38 KiB) Viewed 4930 times
However, it seems you're victim of a second issue, whose origin is not understood...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'll merge this into Handpainted Models, since this appears to be an issue relating to it.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

I have seen that issue quite a lot that you are referring to pango, I am thinking it is something to do with how the reflective lighting mod and hand painted models interact. No solution to fix it though :( .

I have also had cases where the hand painted torches light source seems to conflict with the lit lantern resulting in standing next to a torch with a lit lantern but everything is dark until I shift my view. Almost as if the light sources where battling and DFU doesn't know what to do with the conflict so it disables both sources.