Clearing Monsters from house quests broken?

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
mikeprichard

Re: Clearing Monsters from house quests broken?

Post by mikeprichard »

Sounds great - thanks, Jay!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

There, I've uploaded the changes. Thanks for the suggestions, both of you, and for reminding me of M0C00Y14; I had completely forgotten about that one. Hopefully this'll help new players understand how they work ;)

GethN7

Post by GethN7 »

If I might suggest an idea borrowed from the Tale of Two Wastelands Mod, I suggest releasing a mod that tweaks certain quests to be different than the "stock" quests, which should remain as vanilla as possible yet still work, but the quest mod would allow for the player to modify certain quests to be different before they play to adjust to their idea of fun/challenge.

TTW has a mod that changes several stock game values to match alternative play styles, this might be worth doing something similar here, as some players might appreciate either waiting for vermin to kill or opening the door and going on a stabbing spree against a horde of rats right off, nice to be able to make an on the fly choice depending on your idea of fun.

pango

Post by pango »

Quest enemies spawning is delayed by one spawn Interval because of a bug, that could contribute to monsters showing up slowly: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2556&p=32825#p32825
That also means that if the bug is fixed, balancing will have to be checked again :(
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It may be worth doing some testing with the quest changes reverted and see if it was just this delay that caused most issues?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

I noticed a spawning delay issue in a few other quests before, I will check those ones as well.