[0.10.4] (QuestID: k0c00y07 - The Ransom) Can't Drop or Sell Given Gem [RESOLVED}

Slasonic

[0.10.4] (QuestID: k0c00y07 - The Ransom) Can't Drop or Sell Given Gem [RESOLVED}

Post by Slasonic »

Hello.
I'm not sure if this is a bug but, according to https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:The_Ransom, I could drop or sell the gem given by the Merchant/Innkeeper.

And by doing that,
Spoiler!
I would not lost additional reputation with the Thieves Guild, but will only gain about half the reputation with the employer.
(Is this even a spoiler?)

But, the gem given by the employer is quest tagged, making it impossible to drop/sell the gem.
Is this intended?

P.S.: If you Quickload the game repeatedly, Daggerfall Unity would gradually uses more RAM each time, resulting in having more laggy loading time, including opening Inventory. Done that when I'm trying to get 6 Attribute Points during leveling up.
"Imagination is power, yet useless if not done properly."
- Some Random Word, [Insert Date Here]

Interkarma

Re: (QuestID: k0c00y07 - The Ransom) Can't Drop or Sell Given Gem

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for report. This is likely an order of execution problem in quest.

Quest gives gem to player at startup:

Code: Select all

get item _gem_ 
At the end, it sets S.20 and ends immediately:

_queston_ task:
	have _gem_ set _S.20_ 
	end quest 
This probably isn't enough time for quest to execute:

_S.20_ task:
	make _gem_ permanent
Quest could be rephrased to make item permanent a bit sooner.

Slasonic

Re: [0.10.4] (QuestID: k0c00y07 - The Ransom) Can't Drop or Sell Given Gem

Post by Slasonic »

Glad to be of help. =)

If I found another one, I'll be sure to post it, just not sure if it's really a bug or not.
And I'll refer to UESPWiki for info just in case before posting. Well, I can trust that wiki right?

P.S.: If there are any good exploits in the game, I know I'll be tempted to use it, and will use it as long as it's still available until it got fixed, and I'll be sad (can't exploit anymore), yet happy at the same time (It got fixed!). And I'll be posting that exploits.

Edit: Wait... Old DOS already got this exploits... Oh well... My bad. :P
Exploits Found Returned in Unity (Well, just one):
Merchantile Quick Level Up (Plus Weapon Skills):
Spoiler!
Requirements: Able to fight mobs without dying too much (For Step 3 to 6).
Recommended having Rapid Healing (General) And Regenerate Health (General) for quick nap and fight.

1. Repair the broken item in shop, then without taking back the item, continue clicking Repair and Yes button until it's sufficient to level up Merchantile.
2. Loiter for 6 hours. Repeat until there's no broken item.
3. Go out of town, prepare modest amount of weapons to broke.
4. Rest and load until mobs found.
5. Kill mobs.
6. Repeat Step 4 until all weapons are used, at least until all weapon's condition goes to "Almost New" or just enough to get a repair.
5. Sell unwanted items dropped by mobs.
6. Repeat Step 1.
7. Character Profit. =)

By the way, you could still stay in shop even after the shop's closing time for as long as you like, until you get out.
There's no info at UESPWiki saying that you'll get kicked out off the shop at closing time, so..... =)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'll alter the quest to make the gem permanent sooner.

I'd recommend making a new topic for the second issue you mention here. It's easy to forget a new point when it's inside this quest topic ;)

JorisVanEijden

Post by JorisVanEijden »

The gem becomes permanent (non-quest) if you still have it after the quest timer expires.

Wasn't it a feature of DFU that it prevented you from dropping or selling quest items? To avoid accidentally being unable to complete quests?

Slasonic

Post by Slasonic »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:30 pm I'll alter the quest to make the gem permanent sooner.

I'd recommend making a new topic for the second issue you mention here. It's easy to forget a new point when it's inside this quest topic ;)
Pardon me, but which is the second issue? is it my first P.S. or the second one? :?
In any case, I may get confused sometimes. I'm sorry if this would get annoying. :(

Oh, and about the quest, what if you make it so that the gem is quest optional, and not required?
Not sure about how to do it though. Just a thought. =)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

JorisVanEijden wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 pm The gem becomes permanent (non-quest) if you still have it after the quest timer expires.

Wasn't it a feature of DFU that it prevented you from dropping or selling quest items? To avoid accidentally being unable to complete quests?
Yep, that's an intentional change to ensure important items can't be accidentally dropped.

I haven't run this one yet Joris, but you've confirmed the gem does become permanent in DFU when the quest ends?

JorisVanEijden

Post by JorisVanEijden »

Oh shoot. No, I forgot to verify that part. I was doing too many things at the same time because I had to go.
Now I'm not at my pc anymore, but I could check tomorrow.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Sorry, I read the topic wrong with that first reply :oops: I just tested it unaltered 3 times in 0.10.4. Each time the gem was given to me quest-protected, and it became permanent once time ran out.