Daggerfall Character Creation Guide Video

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Teralitha

Re: Daggerfall Character Creation Guide Video

Post by Teralitha »

I build my characters to be the most powerful way I can. Quick as I can. Basically Im a filthy min/maxer and I hate myself. I level up my character significantly before I even think about starting the main quest. But when I was wondering about your build, I also was wondering more about what advantage/disadvantage setup you use. If any.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Teralitha wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:45 am I build my characters to be the most powerful way I can. Quick as I can. Basically Im a filthy min/maxer and I hate myself. I level up my character significantly before I even think about starting the main quest. But when I was wondering about your build, I also was wondering more about what advantage/disadvantage setup you use. If any.
Well it depends on what type of character if a heavy magic user that being one that has more then 3 magic skills in primary major I will take the x3 magery and the darkness powered magic. If it is a character that uses magic in a support method I would only take the 1.5X to cover the one or two types of magic. Those usually being Restoration and Alteration both of which are not to magic intensive particularly if you use the spell maker in the mages guild.

I like expertise in which ever weapon type is in the primary bank and will usually take critical strike in the major or the first skill in the minor bank. I know you don't like it but even though it doesn't do what many thought it did still useful to raise hit chance in any way you can.

I don't really bother with acute hearing or athleticism I find healing my fatigue a good way to raise restoration so I don't need to be economic with the endurance use. But then some times I will take it just really depends on the concept I am working. As you said we have two different methods of playing I am more a concept person where you are trying to get every little bit you can towards maximum power. I don't mind working around weaknesses, shoot I actually completed Skyrim with a level 1 build just to see if it could be done.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I can see crit strike still be useful if you go with axes/hammers and dont have a high agility. Or a shortblade person who really needs to get all the hits in they can because of weaker weapons. I do sometimes roll up different kinds of character too.

biz633

Post by biz633 »

I make my character suffer early to payoff later. The only important attribrute is endurance if you want every hit point you can get out of the game. You'll need to be 100 by level 2.
The big high-level monsters in the end require:
Immunity to MAGIC
Immunity to SHOCK
Resist FIRE
I include a bonus to hit undead as well.

I also give myself a critical weakness to poison & paralysis because they can easily be undone with a spell or magic item.
I used to deny myself silver, adamantium, & Iron since there are similar-looking equipment in the game.

Gray Fox

Post by Gray Fox »

Primary
Longblade, Critical Strike, Thaumaturgy
Major
Dodging, Restoration
Minor
Illusion

So these are the 6 skills that gain me a level up. I usually choose additional skills to qualify for a temple. I always go for the Mage's Guild first and gain access to the magic item creator as soon as possible.

Advantages/Disadvantages
Critical weakness to disease
Forbidden weaponry axe and blunt weapon
Darkness powered magery
Forbidden material chain, steel and orcish
Increased magery X3 INT
Acute hearing and adrenaline rush

Run straight out of the Privateer's Hold (PH). Your character is at their weakest and the loot isn't worth the risk. I head to Midbury, which has everything I need to get going. I join the Mage's Guild and the Knight's of the Dragon. I head to an Inn for free lodging while I grind spells until I level up a few times. Then I continue this while doing some grave robbing at the local graveyards. When my character reaches the teens in level, then I can raid the PH as much as I want. After a couple weeks of real time, I have a maxed out character in full Daedric armor with 16 "Cast when Held" magic items that make her awesome.
Attachments
Bretana 2.jpg
Bretana 2.jpg (535.92 KiB) Viewed 1128 times