[Update TBA] The Ironman Module Pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
DFIronman

Re: [MOD] Ironman v0.1.3

Post by DFIronman »

You're not wrong - that's a smart way to do it - but I really don't want to do upkeep for 6+ mods. Even uploading the Ironman Gameplay Systems as a separate mod is more effort than I'm interested in spending on mod upkeep. Primarily, I'm just making these because this is the game I want to play. I will be changing the title of this thread to reflect the addition of Ironman Gameplay Systems though.

Funnily enough, outside of testing, I haven't even played my own mod yet. I just don't have a lot of time to spend and I prefer to focus my efforts on the actual implementation and bug-fixing. The upside is, I think that if people ask about these things, they'll eventually learn of Ironman. Word will get around. It might not be immediately apparent to someone who's just downloaded DFU and is casually browsing the mod list, but if others like the implementation, they'll hear about this eventually.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:10 pm
DFIronman wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:02 pm
  • Modified Shop Burglary - Currently, planning to call the guards if you fail some kind of pickpocket+stealth+luck check when attempting to steal any single item from a shop after hours. I also hope to make it so that if you fail a stealth+luck check while moving around in a shop (after hours), the guards will come to nail you for Breaking & Entering. I'll probably make it so the stealth+luck check will always succeed once you get something like a combined total of 60 (crouching), 80 (walking) and 100 (running) for your stealth+luck check (100% of your stealth, with 25% of your luck). The logic behind this is that you made a loud noise while stealing/walking and alerted a guard who was passing by.
  • Modified Loan System - Details are too rough on this right now. I'm toying with either just sending a ton of powerful foes after you on a very regular basis if you default on a loan, nerfing the amount of gold you can borrow from any one bank, or temporarily disabling the system until the next release.
  • Modified Critical Strike - Critical strike no longer provides a bonus to hit, but a bonus to damage that scales with your critical strike skill. Humanoid enemies will benefit from this as well.
  • Make enemies chase you out of dungeons (if this is possible and easy enough to code for the next release)
I would strooongly suggest making these stand-alone mods. These are things people have been begging for for years, and they may not know it's hidden in your second Ironman mod.
YES YES YES!! Make these standalone... I literally just made a thread about that night time burglary check but I don't want to use Ironman mode to benefit from it. Standalone would make customising our experience much better. :mrgreen:

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Oh, you won't have to even have the Ironman mod enabled. "Ironman Gameplay Systems" will have nothing to do with Ironman mode itself. As of right now, all of those will be options in "Ironman Gameplay Systems," which does nothing with perma-death or the save/load system.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ohhh. That's quite different and a very pleasant surprise :) Well then, carry on!

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

This is so compelling! I could see myself doing live streams with this mod some time in the future. I think it would work great and get really exciting live!
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Haha glad you approve, Jay. Haven't had much time to work on it this week and my feature list just keeps getting bigger, so maybe I'll just do a release here and there each time I knock a few off of that list. This is better for finding bugs anyway.

Vondur, that would be awesome. I've been watching your entire Mad Genius playthrough (really enjoying it) and would totally be down for a stream/series of some Ironman games.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Vondur wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:23 pm This is so compelling! I could see myself doing live streams with this mod some time in the future. I think it would work great and get really exciting live!
Can't wait to see your playthrough end with paralyzation from a ghost

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

All my Ironman characters forcibly use Immunity to Paralysis and Poison :lol:

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

To be continued... Thank you so much for the mod, enjoying it so much! How am I going to be able to play normal after this?
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

An idea someone gave on the Adventure Art stream is to mix Ironman and Persistent Dungeons: if your character dies, all the dungeons maintain their progress for your next character. It's like the world continues on without you :)

Ironman does AMAZING stuff for Daggerfall. It literally changes how the entire game feels and works. It is awesome.