KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Adrinus

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Adrinus »

Little More done, just showing I've not stopped.

I decided to also freshen my computer up: installed windows 10, hated it and wanted to end it all, so I went back to windows 7 again. Anyhow, in re-installing things I remembered one: Gyazo is a handy tool for grabbing screenshots and posting them.
Spoiler!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice results mate!
I moved to win 10 recently, and it takes some tweaking to get it feel like 7, which I loved. But Im quite ok with it now. But I would never move to 10 if my new CPU did not require it, so I feel you :)

We try to pinpoint the reason why the magic axes work strange, today it seems we finally moved somewhere, hopefully
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2507

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

@KoW:
Here are the upscaled NPC portraits if you want them.

@Adrinus:
Awesome work on restoring those commoners' faces!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

MasonFace wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:57 pm @KoW:
Here are the upscaled NPC portraits if you want them.

@Adrinus:
Awesome work on restoring those commoners' faces!
Thanks MasonFace, I will gladly have a look!!!

EDIT: wow some of those are really perfect, like... they look exactly as you want them to look, perfect hit of the AI.
Indeed, some have few problems (noticed some strange nose here and there, some facial features etc) - but this is indeed the best results on faces Ive ever seen :shock:

I think I will compare all of them to mine and I will switch some here and there, will let you know how it ends up :) Thanks a lot. If you want anything, just let me know .)

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

EDIT: wow some of those are really perfect, like... they look exactly as you want them to look, perfect hit of the AI.
Indeed, some have few problems (noticed some strange nose here and there, some facial features etc)
Thanks! A big shout out to Phredreeke for pointing out some of the new ESRGAN models that are out there. And yeah I noticed a few that are a little off, especially eyes on characters wearing a hood.
If you want anything, just let me know .)
I will definitely take you up on this! You may have noticed that I've posted a "help wanted" on the PVE page. I've decided that I can't finish it up alone. I'm really wanting to move on to other DFU related projects, but I don't want to leave PVE unfinished. I was hoping I could pull some assets from DREAM and downscale them to PVE resolution (which has been around 1/2 of DREAM resolution) and give you and your contributors credit for those assets if they agree.

Right now, I have my eye on your UI and inventory assets and the first person textures such as for the horse and weapons. I know that the weapons are still work in progress, so I can certainly wait on those.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I can do that. Weapons are complete, the bugs were found to be caused by the game, not by me.

Im quite busy these days but during next week I send u a link with the data

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Somebody really likes Diablo..
I can hear it.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok - after reporting the problem with the 1st person magic axes we found out its a vanilla BUG after some brainstorming!

That bug was corrected in the latest DFU version. So vanilla users will have magic axes working - 1st success!
This bug went on for 23 years, almost unnoticed?

Than I tried the corrected DFU version with my modded files and I had some bugs again (just different ones) - and I was able to solve the riddle just now, so 2nd success - Dream users will have working magic axes as well!

This took like one month... but its FINALLY OVER.
Now all the 1st person weapons are working in vanilla and in Dream and thus this part is finally ready for a release.

UFFFFFFFF :shock: :o

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Well done KoW! :)