Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
NuclearNautilus

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by NuclearNautilus »

On a level 2 character, I just got a letter from The Great Knight, telling me of the location of the Oghma Infinium. Is it intended for such a low level character to receive this quest? Also, the Great Knight mentions my mission from Lady Brisienna, but this character has not spoken to her yet.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Not only intended, that's the only way it can be done. If you start Quest Pack 1 with a level 3+ character, it will not be offered :D The base idea was from Midknightprince, who wanted a supreme challenge and an excellent reward for completing it under a deadline.

You may not know Brisienna, but she certainly knows you ;) I don't think it's a spoiler to mention her, especially since her letter will arrive around the same time.

SwagCannon

Post by SwagCannon »

On that note, If a lvl 5 character shows up but still within the timeline, will the quest not spawn the enemy/item as intended?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The quest is offered if you're level 1 or 2 and will remain for three months. If you manage to rank up to level 85 in three months, you can still take it on ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I recently re-added "Death's Embrace" as MG021. Up until now I had taken it out, but it's a good quest for the memories. 95 rep required as a member of the Mages Guild. I also disabled Recalling out, so good luck newcomers! :)

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Hello JH,

I thought I'd let you know a really strange thing that just happened.

I was in a Thieves Guild in Grimfort talking to the Trainer and all of a sudden I got directions to the Glenmorial Coven (basically message 1012 of JHCG013). I didn't initiate a quest (it was the trainer) and all I did was click on him (I didn't select "Talk"). I clicked on him a few more times and 1099 popped up.

I went into the quest debugger and JHCG013 was running but there was no active timer. I tombstoned the quest and figured I'd let you know.

I have the master branch as of Saturday.

Jim

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Followup. See attached.

It's "Finished" because this is after I tombstoned it.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (684.9 KiB) Viewed 1874 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Great info, thanks for the report.

It's very strange indeed. How long ago did you download that version of the Quest Pack? CG013 isn't listed on any of the quest lists, and it certainly shouldn't have been assigned to a FG trainer. This sounds like an engine bug larger than the Quest Pack; perhaps there's something more to bring out of this.

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Well, I re-downloaded everything this past weekend. I had gotten this quest (at least twice) before and completed it for the cartographers but that was a while ago. I don't know how long the quest state stays around after completion. If it makes a difference I seem to get a trip to Shedungent annoyingly often.

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Okay. I went back to a save before this happened and reproduced my steps to get to the TG in Grimfort and I couldn't reproduce the problem. I thought maybe I could get a save file right before it happened but no luck. Sorry.