Toggle Mount

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
emmathepony

Re: Toggle Mount

Post by emmathepony »

Btw, obvious exploit I discovered... you can still toggle mount even if you don't own a horse lol

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Bug: No matter what you change the key bind to, it'll still only work with it's default key bind ( G )

Also - typing in a command in the console that uses the letter G will cause the player to hop on or hop off their horse after they close the console.

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

BoneofMalkav wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:34 pm Bug: No matter what you change the key bind to, it'll still only work with it's default key bind ( G )
You have to capitalize the letter for the binding change to work.

theicedevil

Post by theicedevil »

I've been using this mod for sometime and love it. I love how smart it prioritises the horse over the wagon so if you own a wagon but not a horse you automatically mount onto the wagon instead. A small bug that comes across from time to time is that sometimes the keybind stops working, doesn't matter if I'm mounted or on foot. The problem is easily fixed by going into the vanilla travel menu and selecting my travel method there. This resets it and the keybind will start working again. I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason for this problem yet. But it does sometimes causes an issue during those hairy times when you get attacked while on the horse and need to dismount and I can't. I get used to using the keybind to dismount and it doesn't work causing me to take a few seconds to figure out where I keybind the vanilla travel menu button. But it's nothing that I get frustrated over. It's still a handy mod, I don't think I could live without it now. I really love convenience mods and this one is a good one to have, even with this one little bug. IMHO, this mode should be moved into the released mods section.

hannafamilycomputer

Post by hannafamilycomputer »

Another nice shortcut would be a use last magic item key, like how there is a recast last spell key.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

hannafamilycomputer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:43 am Another nice shortcut would be a use last magic item key, like how there is a recast last spell key.
DFIronman was talking about trying to implement that in his Ironman mod. Check out his thread.

theicedevil

Post by theicedevil »

hannafamilycomputer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:43 am Another nice shortcut would be a use last magic item key, like how there is a recast last spell key.
Actually, I would love a whole streamlining and modernization of all the keybinds to be inline with the keybinds of Skyrim or Oblivion. Casting and Recasting spells should be bound to one dedicated key and removed from the activation key. Pickpocketing and lockpicking should be only active when you are crouching. Talking should be activated when you are standing and identify should probably have it's own designated keybind. No more flipping though activation modes where you can accidentally pickpocket an NPC because you forgot to switch the mode from Pickpocket to Talk. A favorites hotkey function would also be amazing, so one can switch weapons or using a healing potion without having to enter the players inventory menu every time.

Oh sorry, this is actually a feature I would love to see in DFU itself and not as a mod.

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Ever since I started using Jedidia's Tedious Travel mod my horse and I have become pretty good friends. This mod saves me from yet another CLICK. Thank you for that Zaklaus.

zaklaus

Post by zaklaus »

Hi guys, sorry for the inactivity. I had trouble reaching the page for quite a long time. I plan to re-visit my small mods and fix the mentioned bugs once I get back into DFU and set up the dev tools again.

There's also a source code available in case you're interested in tweaking it at: https://github.com/zaklaus/DFUMods

I'm glad the mod has been useful to you.

Dagoth Reigns

Post by Dagoth Reigns »

I don't think this mod is compatible with 0.10.27. It appears in the mod list and the key can be changed with the settings but does nothing when in game. Would love an update or to know I'm doing something wrong. Thank you for this awesome mod.