KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Adrinus

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:11 am This took like one month... but its FINALLY OVER.
Now all the 1st person weapons are working in vanilla and in Dream and thus this part is finally ready for a release.

UFFFFFFFF :shock: :o
All hail the glorious victor! Such a relief it must be!

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:11 am Ok - after reporting the problem with the 1st person magic axes we found out its a vanilla BUG after some brainstorming!

That bug was corrected in the latest DFU version. So vanilla users will have magic axes working - 1st success!
This bug went on for 23 years, almost unnoticed?

Than I tried the corrected DFU version with my modded files and I had some bugs again (just different ones) - and I was able to solve the riddle just now, so 2nd success - Dream users will have working magic axes as well!

This took like one month... but its FINALLY OVER.
Now all the 1st person weapons are working in vanilla and in Dream and thus this part is finally ready for a release.

UFFFFFFFF :shock: :o
Great work! :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks guys, yes Im glad its over :)
Im slowly putting the DFMOD packages together for all 3 platforms.

What I want to complete before the next release:
Cinematics - I have some new material to add to the current videos, but its not ready
Commoners - the reworked heads touch-up (all commoners are fresh new AI upscaled)
Paperdoll - it seems semi-ready, I just wait if any update will be inbound and the new heads, I plan to adjust the chainmail items so they have some basic transparency. I need to check if the cloaks interiors are working properly - they were included in the latest version after the bug reports Ive filled.
Portraits - I might switch a portrait or two with the new AI upscales by MasonFace

What is ready now and new since last version:

Sounds - I worked on em quite a lot since last release
Handheld - all weapons are done, plus lots of other things, horses, werewolf hands etc, I might still adjust the bows tho, the black outline on them is maybe too wide.
Textures - lots of work on materials and textures has been done
Portraits - I worked on em some more as well
MOBs - Im not sure if the RC5 already had the mobs with glowing eyes, like skeletons, lich etc (Im quite sure I will make all undeads have glowing eyes, looks proper on those which are already done)

Theres most likely much more new stuff but I cant keep track of everything

I think this update already takes longer than usually, but I think RC5 is quite ok on its own and I want to take my time to make RC6 worth it.

It would be cool to have RC6 ready for a moment when DFU gets out of Alpha version

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

MasonFace wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:57 pm @KoW:
Here are the upscaled NPC portraits if you want them.

@Adrinus:
Awesome work on restoring those commoners' faces!
just a question, the FACES.CIF - do you plan to do them as well? Those are usually the VIPs... nobility etc

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:08 pm What is ready now and new since last version:[/u]
Sounds - I worked on em quite a lot since last release
Handheld - all weapons are done, plus lots of other things, horses, werewolf hands etc, I might still adjust the bows tho, the black outline on them is maybe too wide.
Textures - lots of work on materials and textures has been done
Portraits - I worked on em some more as well
MOBs - Im not sure if the RC5 already had the mobs with glowing eyes, like skeletons, lich etc (Im quite sure I will make all undeads have glowing eyes, looks proper on those which are already done)

Theres most likely much more new stuff but I cant keep track of everything
The latest release of Roleplay & Realism mod adds sprinting horses. Which is very cool 8-)

Any chance that Dream will make the sprinting horse sounds more like a proper galoping horse? :?
Now it just make the standard sound (clip-clop, clip-clop, as evenly spaced beats), just faster, but it should instead make a different sound (bada-bomp, (space), bada-bomp, (space), etc.).

I wrote more details about this difference in Roleplay and Realism mod thread:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2298&start=47

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Unfortunately as it is now, we cant add new sounds.
So speeding up the default sound is the most what can be done atm :X

I hope this will get open some time soon...

You should create a thread about it in a proper forum section, thats the way to get it done. Modmakers cant do anything...

I miss the jumping sound for example... and theres just tons of sounds which would make the game feel more alive and which are missing now.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

just a question, the FACES.CIF - do you plan to do them as well? Those are usually the VIPs... nobility etc
I totally missed those.

I've uploaded the full set of portraits including the FACES.CIF set: https://mega.nz/#!fkMA2AgK!3SuuNxHqNVGH ... lrz3QV5r28

AmmoniumDichromate

Post by AmmoniumDichromate »

I'm having a few minor issues, one where the new cursor overlaps the tooltips, and also an issue with the upscaled cinematic not playing. These may be issues exclusive to the Linux build of this mod, I have yet to test things out on Windows.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Hey, KoW, what format are the videos? I'm wondering if they are .ogv?
AmmoniumDichromate wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:51 pm I'm having a few minor issues, one where the new cursor overlaps the tooltips, and also an issue with the upscaled cinematic not playing. These may be issues exclusive to the Linux build of this mod, I have yet to test things out on Windows.
Now, I don't have the greatest base of knowledge about linux systems, but make sure you have a video player that can handle lots of video codecs. It's been a spell, but last I was running it mplayer2 had quite a good selection. mpv too maybe?

My thinking is that by getting them you'll get their dependencies, which might enable video playback?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:08 pm Hey, KoW, what format are the videos? I'm wondering if they are .ogv?
AmmoniumDichromate wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:51 pm I'm having a few minor issues, one where the new cursor overlaps the tooltips, and also an issue with the upscaled cinematic not playing. These may be issues exclusive to the Linux build of this mod, I have yet to test things out on Windows.
Now, I don't have the greatest base of knowledge about linux systems, but make sure you have a video player that can handle lots of video codecs. It's been a spell, but last I was running it mplayer2 had quite a good selection. mpv too maybe?

My thinking is that by getting them you'll get their dependencies, which might enable video playback?
Hi Adrinus,the format is mp4. Ogv wasnt working.

About the 2nd question
Linux player just doesnt work for these videos, nothing I can do about that, I dont even have linux. Sry...

And the FMW seqence doesnt work on any OS, will be corrected in next release