The mummy wrappings from the Tomb of Garelaus (Mages Guild Quest)

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
johnnybravo1

The mummy wrappings from the Tomb of Garelaus (Mages Guild Quest)

Post by johnnybravo1 »

Hey guys,
I have been several hours in the Tomb of Garelaus trying to find a mummy that has the wrappings the Mage asked me. I used the cheat tele2qitem to find the location, but it is empty. I have killed several mummies but not a sign of quest completed. Any ideas? I thank you all in advance.

Jay_H

Re: The mummy wrappings from the Tomb of Garelaus (Mages Guild Quest)

Post by Jay_H »

Hello, welcome to the forums.

What version of the game are you using, and can you upload a zipped version of your save?

johnnybravo1

Post by johnnybravo1 »

The version I am using is 0.10.7.
My last save is attached.
I am sure there is no teleport, no lever and no secret door that I haven't found yet. The artifact I am looking for might be on Mr Mummy, right?
Thanks guys
Attachments
SAVE88.rar
(158.53 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This one is certainly unusual. Attempting to use tele2qmarker in the console lands me in the void. The dungeon is correct but I don't know how to find the enemy it's asking for.

JorisVanEijden

Post by JorisVanEijden »

I don't know what is wrong yet.
The spawn marker is at
"x": 36.0
"y": 0.65
"z": 8.55
which is not inside the dungeon rooms or corridors.

I found the mummy you're looking for. It has fallen a few kilometers below the dungeon :)

I also noticed a persistent_dungeons mod. Are you sure it's compatible with 0.10.7?

I am definitely going to dig further into this, but since I'm still very fresh at DFU it's probably not going to result in anything before the weekend. (Interkarma, please look the other way. Let me learn this stuff the hard way ;))

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This is something that can happen if toggling smaller dungeons while a quest is active. johnnybravo, do you play with smaller dungeons enabled/disabled at the moment?

It could also be a bad interaction with new marker system and persistent dungeons mod, as Joris suggests, but this shouldn't result in monster being placed outside dungeon. That kind of suggests a topological change like smaller dungeons.

GethN7

Post by GethN7 »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:48 pm This is something that can happen if toggling smaller dungeons while a quest is active. johnnybravo, do you play with smaller dungeons enabled/disabled at the moment?

It could also be a bad interaction with new marker system and persistent dungeons mod, as Joris suggests, but this shouldn't result in monster being placed outside dungeon. That kind of suggests a topological change like smaller dungeons.
There seems to be a way to trigger it with regular dungeons, but it could have just been a one-off error, not sure how to replicate it.

I did the same quest (find mummy wrappings), killed the mummy, clicked and nothing was there. Went around looking for another mummy to kill (since I figured there must have been more than one), but gave up and console'd my way to quest target. Same mummy I killed, only this time when I clicked, the wrappings show up on it's corpse and quest proceeded normally.

Did not have persistent dungeons on.