Please is there anyway to increase more time on Quests ?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
NecroViolator

Please is there anyway to increase more time on Quests ?

Post by NecroViolator »

I really need more time on Quests, I feel so stressed with timed quests and usually fail to deliver objects.

Any extra time would be awesome.

Thanks.

Opcero

Re: Please is there anyway to increase more time on Quests ?

Post by Opcero »

a useful trick if you aren't doing so already is to travel recklessly. This will usually cut the travel time down by half usually.

pango

Post by pango »

Also useful is Recall spell: cast an anchor near the questor, and when the quest is done teleport back directly to the questor, so you save the travel back time. Items enchanted with that spell can also do the job if you lack the magicka to cast it yourself.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Gray Fox

Post by Gray Fox »

Move to a small province. All quests are inside the province, so a small province ensures a short travel time. Once you have highest rank in a faction, it works everywhere.

Move to a city in the center of the province.

Shorten dungeon time:

Once you clear a large room, drop one single gold coin in the doorway. This still gets the "pile of treasure" icon and is a visual signal to you, so you won't later waste time clearing the room again. Better than a note on your map.

Same goes for a hallway that is a dead end.

Eventually do this to larger areas of the dungeon as you narrow down where the quest goal is without wandering into covered ground.

Click everything. Torches or furniture may open secret doors.

Do the "always go only left or right" thing. Works with any maze.

I prefer to put the Recall Anchor at the entrance to the dungeon. If you get in trouble in a fight, you can recall to a safe place that offers egress, without starting over from the quest giver.

Good Luck!

NoobioDF

Post by NoobioDF »

Good tips here. Thanks also to the Grey Fox for the summary on clickables, because some secret doors and levers are operated by torches and furniture ( I had forgotten about furniture), and also for allowing me to use his hood in other Elder Scrolls games, many thanks ;)

NecroViolator

Post by NecroViolator »

Ive tried everything, its just I do have to sleep until healed. It takes to long sad to say.

gimble

Post by gimble »

Time taken to recover health when resting depends on your medical skill. Other than increasing that skill, you can also reduce the time taken to rest by casting healing/fatigue spells before resting.

It always takes 8 hours to fully recover your spell points when resting (this doesn't depend on any skill) while it may take significantly longer to recover all health if you have a low medical skill. Strategic use of spells can help reduce the time needed - try resting for an hour, cash heal and rest again to speed up recovery. It will also train up your medical skill.

When creating a custom class, you can choose rapid healing as an advantage - this speeds up health recovery when resting - the is like having a high medical skill right at the start. Regenerate health is another advantage that will reduce the amount of time spent resting. Endurance affects healing rate as well, although it is a minor effect (+1 for every 10 points of endurance above 50; -1 for every 10 points below 50).

If nothing else helps, try to gain rank 3 with the mages guild - that will allow access to the magic item merchant. They sell items that restore health and fatigue - using these items to recover will allow you to explore further without resting to heal and can be used many times before they break (at least 100+).

When dealing with quest deadlines: Recall spell saves the most time, followed by reckless travel (by ship whenever traveling across regions). If you have to rest a lot, either make sure you have the healing traits or get those healing spells or items.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Another thing that would help is getting to a faction level with a temple that sells potion. My personal favorite is temple of zen. The region right next to Wayrest have those temples so it is only a couple day travel to the closest one. Using heal and heal true potions will make sleeping required less.