DFU vs Classic Differences: Master List

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
BansheeXYZ

Re: DFU vs Classic Differences: Master List

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Added interface changes

Code: Select all

-Controls: eliminate the cart prompt when exiting dungeons and castles.* [LESS CLICKS]
-Rest Screen: raise loitering limit up to 12 hours.* [LESS CLICKS]
-Rest Screen: display confirmation prompt when resting is vagrancy. [LESS CONFUSING]
-Guildmaster Screen: display quests as selections instead of getting randomized offer.* [LESS CLICKS]
Mechanics

Code: Select all

-You are no longer instantly found when committing vagrancy.

Consequence of Grace

Post by Consequence of Grace »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:21 pm Bugs & oversights in classic's final version 1.07.213 that have been fixed in DFU (** means unaddressed)
========================================================
Excellent list! Good work.

:)

L57

Post by L57 »

-Houses that used to say "this house has nothing of value" can now be entered.
May sound weird, but I preferred vanilla take on this. It gave some space for imagination that there were craft workshops or manufactories in the game, and now you *see* there are living building mostly in towns.

Also it means all houses are always occupied during the day, which looks strange as well. :roll: Hope this will be returned to classic mode one day,

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

L57 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:48 pmMay sound weird, but I preferred vanilla take on this. It gave some space for imagination that there were craft workshops or manufactories in the game, and now you *see* there are living building mostly in towns.

Also it means all houses are always occupied during the day, which looks strange as well. :roll: Hope this will be returned to classic mode one day,
I think it was a good change overall. It's kind of weird to deny entry to a door that is physically there. Why not let the player see for himself if there's anything "of value". It's not like any other houses have anything of value. If they were trying to go for an abandoned house thing, they should've changed the message to say it's boarded up and had graphics for it.

L57

Post by L57 »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:26 am Personally I like the new way of allowing you to essentially have access to any building. It lets you find out for yourself if the house has anything of value or not. Not having any access to a particular house is kinda silly.
You can pretend that Agent decided himself to not go inside instead of player, that's how I always perceived it :D I understand your point, of course. But there is another side of coin. You may have 'visible' access to any house, but in fact there are many things that are implied to exist, but still invisible for you. And sometimes closed buildings look like lesser evil.

Would you prefer to see ports and shipyards in DF even if they are inaccessible? I'd defintely prefer this instead of complete absence of such infrastructure (and even slightest signs of this), as it was done in Daggerfall.

You could have access to everything, but in fact such approach severely limits what remains behind the scenes.

In this particular case I imagined there were workshops where carpenters, lumberjacks and other guys do their work or something like that. And these building are indeed mostly lack any interest for player character who want to steal some jewelry or rare book or at least useful finished products instead of half-stuff.

Of course, this is a minor issue, not worth talking about even that much. I'm ok with current DFU approach. However, inaccessible houses could still be added as optional feature to keep authentic spirit of classic. Because, why not?

And yeah, closed (but accessible) houses still must be added for sure! :roll: