Custom Portraits

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Sitrus

Re: Custom Portraits

Post by Sitrus »

Since King of Worms was amazing and sent me the upscaled NN versions of the paperdoll items, I was able to speedup my workflow and actually concentrate on details by basing some of the items on those versions. 8-)
I'll get around to redoing the belts sometime soon, now that I have a way to speed up the workflow by a lot. Once again, the colours for other than blue ones are temporary ones to make encountering them in game easier. Most of those anyway still need linework tweaks etc.
I did a bunch more, but was unable to find them in the game yet (mostly armor)
Daggerfallprogress4.png
Daggerfallprogress4.png (1.62 MiB) Viewed 2774 times
Daggerfallprogress3.png
Daggerfallprogress3.png (1.91 MiB) Viewed 2774 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im very happy its helpful!

There is this post explaining how to spawn objects so u dont have to look for em ingame, but I was not able to do so :X
I guess my version was not up to date, maybe u can try it again now viewtopic.php?f=22&t=427&start=160

The cloaks insides are ready in the files Ive sent you, should help getting rid of the jagged edges around the clothing/armor while wearing cloaks.

Its quite important that the new bodies have very same dimensions as the originals, so the cloak insides fit on em etc.. the bodies Ive provided are quite simillar to the originals, good for testing

Very nice work on the clothing!! And great progress, thanks for doing this ;)

EDIT: ok it works in the latest version

the easiest way to learn how it works is to type:

help add_armor
help add_weapon
help add_clothing

still, Im not able to spawn sh1t with this, I dont know why these simple things must be so complicated I cant even use em after reading the how to...

and my requests to add a command to

add_all

are being ignored so far.. sry :X I have written a PM asking for the implementation of the command again now, lets see, fingers crossed

The Holy Knight

Post by The Holy Knight »

Wow! All this looks really good

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

Re: King of Worms
I'm trying to keep the dimensions as similar as possible, I'll be tweaking that dunmer body eventually (I hate the hands). But first I'll just try to get initial versions of everything, since there is so many files to cover (over 300+ per gender). Unfortunately due to the amount of files to cover, I doubt I will reach what I think as perfection for this anytime soon. Ill start coveting for it after I have something, of all items, for both genders.

And to immediately contradict myself, I am aware the vanilla daggerfall armor variants are just recolours but I couldn't resist doodling proper variants. (I.e dagger on top right, the longbow and the pauldron)
Daggerfallprogress5.jpg
Daggerfallprogress5.jpg (516.36 KiB) Viewed 2717 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Awesome progress, awesome style!
I absolutely love it, and indeed, you know best how to progress on this project :)
When I finish the tasks I have for a release of next version of DREAM, I might join in for some creative work - thats what I like to do the most.
Im quite burdened with technicalities atm, hopefully not for too long.
Enjoy, creative work is the best part of modding ;)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I love that bow!

Impressive art all round.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

Didn't get much done today due to work deadlines, but at least this is something (did some other stuff too, but couldn't encounter them in the game yet).
Daggerfallprogress6.png
Daggerfallprogress6.png (1.69 MiB) Viewed 2640 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Really nice, this thread makes me happy :) And yea, that bow.. damn!!!

The enquiry to add the add_all was pushed to the git hub, so its possible things will move in this department. Thanks Lacus!

Than the testing will be easy, because all the items will be spawned in the inventory.

Ive returned to the character portraits, getting good results there on the generic portraits which were a bit sub par compared to VIPs..

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:35 pm Really nice, this thread makes me happy :) And yea, that bow.. damn!!!

The enquiry to add the add_all was pushed to the git hub, so its possible things will move in this department. Thanks Lacus!

Than the testing will be easy, because all the items will be spawned in the inventory.

Ive returned to the character portraits, getting good results there on the generic portraits which were a bit sub par compared to VIPs..
Thank you, that is good to know! Add armor as a command was so annoying since it would add random items, and there was no guarantee to get anything what I was actually trying to test. The character portraits are a lot of work too, I started on those and well, I too will get around to doing those someday.

My daily update, did some weapons (lots of clipping, I'm aware). I did some edits to the body shape which made me quite happy with it. I think the hand placements are final, which means I'll spend the weekend doing err... quality control on existing stuff to fix the horrendous clipping and flatness. I have also been reminded of how terrible I am at drawing metal objects. :D
Daggerfallprogress7.png
Daggerfallprogress7.png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 2596 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for update!
Yes, to make everything fitting is very hard, if you can do it, you are a hero :o

With the portraits I ment the stuff which appears in the conversations, not the heads. I think u refer to the heads, which are placed on the bodies. I saw some you made, really good. This part of paperdoll is being processed by Adrinus, last time he said he has 110 of 180 ready or something like that. Maybe we can share this so its not done twice, but its completely up to you. I will ask him about the progress and let u know.

Good luck!