New character art

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Wulkos

New character art

Post by Wulkos »

Hello here all! As I am trying to do a bit of training in digital paint daily, I've done the experience of remaking some Daggerfall sprites, for now a Breton Male Body and a dwemer cuirass. Could it be the base of a mod? It was quite interesting to do, and I may why not continue with an overhaul of all character art, and maybe if I'm inspired add new stuff too, like new faces, races, clothing and armors.
BretonM.png
BretonM.png (203.05 KiB) Viewed 4220 times
RourkenSoldier.png
RourkenSoldier.png (217.99 KiB) Viewed 4220 times

TheHourMan

Re: New character art

Post by TheHourMan »

People have been wishing for the player art to be made ever since Daggerfall Unity modding became a thing. You are amazing for this and I really hope you eventually get all the bodies and faces of the player. Much love to you for this!
Discord (adults only:) discord.gg/nehjDHW

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

Wulkos wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:21 pm Hello here all! As I am trying to do a bit of training in digital paint daily, I've done the experience of remaking some Daggerfall sprites, for now a Breton Male Body and a dwemer cuirass. Could it be the base of a mod? It was quite interesting to do, and I may why not continue with an overhaul of all character art, and maybe if I'm inspired add new stuff too, like new faces, races, clothing and armors.
BretonM.png
RourkenSoldier.png
Those look great, I've been working on something similar. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but to obtain your knowledge on getting especially armor files to load.

Were you able to get the armor in particular to portray in the game?

I was able to get faces, riding animations + bodies to load but the armors I have not figured out. For the life of I can't seem to figure out how to get those to display.
What I've been doing, if you care to see (optional obviously, this thread is afterall about your work).
NSFW
Spoiler!
dfuh.png
dfuh.png (453.89 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
0633ed740692a3c6aa2a3946a50b1c2c.jpg
0633ed740692a3c6aa2a3946a50b1c2c.jpg (424.06 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
dfuh.png
dfuh.png (453.89 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
0633ed740692a3c6aa2a3946a50b1c2c.jpg (424.06 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
EDIT: Spoiler can't seem to handle images.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Guys, your work is amazing! :D

With different styles, but both great! I was wondering, it would be super cool to have a "New Art Paperdoll Mod", in which you just choose your art style, and then you have a set of different paperdolls! With contribution from different authors :)

Like, Wulkos have a more realistic feeling, while Sitrus have a more watercolor feeling! 8-)

If you ever choose to do such a mod, I'll be the first to try it! ;)

Wulkos

Post by Wulkos »

Héhé, thanks you all! <3

Nice work Sitrus, and good initiative! I see no rivalry here especialy because our takes seems very different, wich is an excellent thing for variety and I would say they are complementary, because as you seems to focus on upgrading the vanilla artstyle, I rather want to take inspiration from latter Elder Scrolls games. As for implementation, I'm sorry that I can't help you, because I didn't try it at all yet, and even hoped for someone else to do it for me, for I have some humble drawing skills but don't have a clue about modding. ^-^'

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

armor?

252_2-0_Dwarven.png

for example

Goes into the textures I guess

DMKW

Post by DMKW »

Very cool! Can't wait to see your take on Daedric!

TheHourMan

Post by TheHourMan »

Sitrus wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:22 pm
Wulkos wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:21 pm Hello here all! As I am trying to do a bit of training in digital paint daily, I've done the experience of remaking some Daggerfall sprites, for now a Breton Male Body and a dwemer cuirass. Could it be the base of a mod? It was quite interesting to do, and I may why not continue with an overhaul of all character art, and maybe if I'm inspired add new stuff too, like new faces, races, clothing and armors.
BretonM.png
RourkenSoldier.png
Those look great, I've been working on something similar. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but to obtain your knowledge on getting especially armor files to load.

Were you able to get the armor in particular to portray in the game?

I was able to get faces, riding animations + bodies to load but the armors I have not figured out. For the life of I can't seem to figure out how to get those to display.
What I've been doing, if you care to see (optional obviously, this thread is afterall about your work).
NSFW
Spoiler!
dfuh.png
dfuh.png0633ed740692a3c6aa2a3946a50b1c2c.jpg
EDIT: Spoiler can't seem to handle images.
I have gotten armors and clothing working. You need to format the name of the armor/clothing as Archive_Record-Frame_DyeColor. Example would be 238_105-0_White for white tights or 245_6-0_Daedric for daedric platemail.
Discord (adults only:) discord.gg/nehjDHW

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Guys I think if we want this paperdoll project complete in our life times, we should cooperate. Its 13 000 files...

I have em all upscaled, Sitrus here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2745&start=20 is doing great job on paperdoll as well. Ive already send him the upscales.

I think this should get coordinated somehow, because this is not a thing one person can do alone.

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:46 pm Guys I think if we want this paperdoll project complete in our life times, we should cooperate. Its 13 000 files...

I have em all upscaled, Sitrus here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2745&start=20 is doing great job on paperdoll as well. Ive already send him the upscales.

I think this should get coordinated somehow, because this is not a thing one person can do alone.
Im open to co-ordinating with people, so if anyone wants to collab just hit me up in a PM. :)
I'm almost done with initial versions of the female versions- a lot of it are based on those upscaled versions/painted over them and I recommend for anyone wanting to tackle the paperdoll the same approach. It is a lot faster than when I was painting from scratch/based on the tiny versions.