[Mod] Convenient Clock

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: [Mod] Convenient Clock

Post by pango »

Firebrand wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:40 pm Is it possible to have a setting in DFU to change the open console key?
Yeah, doesn't work on french keyboards either. I assume it will be possible to change it from inside the game once the second screen of keyboard bindings will be implemented.
For the time being, what I did is open KeyBinds.txt file in a text editor and modify the line that mentions ToggleConsole: to use right Control key instead:

Code: Select all

{
    "actionKeyBinds": {
        "RightControl": "ToggleConsole",
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

pango wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:37 pm
Firebrand wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:40 pm Is it possible to have a setting in DFU to change the open console key?
Yeah, doesn't work on french keyboards either. I assume it will be possible to change it from inside the game once the second screen of keyboard bindings will be implemented.
For the time being, what I did is open KeyBinds.txt file in a text editor and modify the line that mentions ToggleConsole: to use right Control key instead:

Code: Select all

{
    "actionKeyBinds": {
        "RightControl": "ToggleConsole",
Thanks for the tip :)

BTW, i like very much this mod, and I'd like to give a pair of suggestions, which I think would make it even better ;) :
  • to add an option to make the clock smaller: on my Full HD screen it now looks really big. Maybe half-current size? :?
  • to add a key to toggle the clock on and off during in-game. For example, I can make the clock appear in city, where it's useful to check for the opening and closing time of shops and guilds, and turn it off inside dungeons, where the time of the day isn't really that important.

Whip

Post by Whip »

I love this clock. However I encountered the same issue with regard to compatibility with Dream so by combining the work around posted by ACNAero to make the compass larger with the Dream mod so that it fits the clock, I then edited the texture posted by Baler I ended up with this:

Or for perspective in 1920x1080

If you like the look and want to duplicate it then the texture replacements are attached and as mentioned in the OP they go into StreamingAssets > Textures > Clock

Edit: fixed attachment as .zip instead of png's.
Attachments
ClockTexture.zip
(10.24 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

princessbinas

Post by princessbinas »

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but the 12-Hour version of the clock doesn't work correctly. It says what should be noon is 12AM and the next hour is 13:00PM. Loitering for one hour after letting the game run from the aforementioned "12AM" to "13PM" immediately makes the clock display 2PM.
12AM at high noon
12AM at high noon
Untitled.png (45.83 KiB) Viewed 5670 times
13PM after letting the clock run on its own with no loitering nor resting
13PM after letting the clock run on its own with no loitering nor resting
Untitled.png (41.89 KiB) Viewed 5668 times

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Updated mod to 1.03 (see first post). :D

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:08 pm Updated mod to 1.03 (see first post). :D
Thank you, much appreciated! ;)

Lywzc

Post by Lywzc »

I adjusted the clock size to fit the compass size in DREAM, but it was too small to be readable.
I ends up using the compatibility patch with full size clock.

limorkil

Post by limorkil »

Fantastic mod, but I had some trouble installing it (v1.03).
Seems to conflict with Distant Terrain mod for some reason. I have to put CC lower than Distant Terrain in the Load Order, otherwise the Clock does not show on screen.
The CC UI Scale and Height options behave strangely. I have DREAM, so I tried to shrink the clock. Height has unpredictable results, with the Clock appearing halfway up the screen or not at all. In the end I set Scale to 0.5 and left Height as 1.0.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

limorkil wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:56 am Fantastic mod, but I had some trouble installing it (v1.03).
Seems to conflict with Distant Terrain mod for some reason. I have to put CC lower than Distant Terrain in the Load Order, otherwise the Clock does not show on screen.
The CC UI Scale and Height options behave strangely. I have DREAM, so I tried to shrink the clock. Height has unpredictable results, with the Clock appearing halfway up the screen or not at all. In the end I set Scale to 0.5 and left Height as 1.0.
CC has got a favorite setting specifically for DREAM ;)

limorkil

Post by limorkil »

Firebrand wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:40 am CC has got a favorite setting specifically for DREAM ;)
Oh wow I found it. Took me a while to see the "Presets" up in the corner.
Thanks.