Usable Bandages

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Jay_H

Re: Usable Bandages

Post by Jay_H »

New object: "scissors." Buy in stores, it opens a shop interface to transform clothing into bandages.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I think bandages should be overall simple in their use. Apply and it begins to replicate resting healing at a slower rate but fast enough it is a viable alternative to spamming heal spells or constantly running to resting areas. No UI change is needed, as the health bar increasing faster is clear feedback. If extra feedback is needed, a message could easily be added on application like, "You stop the bleeding allowing your wounds to begin healing." Would need to be shorter, but you get the idea. The medical skill should increase the amount and heal rate, as the better you are at cleaning, sutchering, and caring for wounds, the better and faster they heal. It also would give another method to increase medical skill past getting hurt and resting.

The only thing I would like to see, as said before, is a way to reuse bandages. Once applied, they become used/bloody bandages. They can then be cleaned through some simple mechanic. Maybe allow inn keeps to clean them for a small cost. Or, the player can clean them, if they have one of the in game alcoholic drinks.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Suggestion for easy application:

Using a bandage causes a temporary regeneration effect and a buff to medical skill.

So, if you use a bandage and don’t sleep: you get som healing over time.
If you use a bandage and sleep: you heal faster.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:43 am Suggestion for easy application:

Using a bandage causes a temporary regeneration effect and a buff to medical skill.

So, if you use a bandage and don’t sleep: you get som healing over time.
If you use a bandage and sleep: you heal faster.
I like this