Rocks of Daggerfall

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kamer

Re: Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Kamer »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:45 am
Kamer wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:28 am I can't find the screenshot thread so I'm posting it here. Nothing new. just a nice picture.

Just a question... you worked with Uncanny on the new editor... is the work still in progress or the UV took his break and its on halt halt halt? :lol:
I'm still working on both. Though right now I'm focusing on getting my part done for Uncanny. I've taken break + had computer issues recently which really took me back. I'm still working on each piece by piece.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice its still going on, im glad your pc problems are solved, I had mine as well, had to make 1/2 of new build but im ok with that, my pc was more ancient than a lich.

I hope the editor will be public one day, thats the way Id like to continue with modding.

Thanks for reply, be well!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Again gonna head out to Betony:
Spoiler!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Hammerfell is gonna look crazy......
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Found a better solution for automating the process. Creating the rock placements is now faster, bugless and doesn't take very long at all to make. I'll also work on making Rocks of Daggerfall not require the Location loader itself anymore.

Here are some of the test results from fully automated placements:
Spoiler!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Rocks of Daggerfall Version 0.2

Gavaudon is no longer supported from the first version. it has to be reworked since I'm using new models. This time I return to the Isle of Betony.
Explore Betony, and let me know what you think of the new look. I got a new system to randomly place these mountains and I'm loving the results.
This is sure to help a lot in speeding up the process. Mainly, its because the new way it works is bugless, smoother, and gives a sens of detail while
being open enough not to totally suffocate Tedious Travel players.

Screenshots:
Spoiler!

Install:
1. Open the folder that matches your operating system (Windows/OSX/Linux)

2. Copy the "Rocks of Daggerfall.dfmod" and "locations loader.dfmod" into your DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods folder

3. Copy the "Locations" file into your DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/ folder

3. Make sure both dfmod files are enabled

Download:[url=http://www.mediafire.com/file/wgjk83iuy ... _.rar/file[/url]

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Should I turn off Distant Terrain when I test this?

Turned off Distant Terrain and man, I was missing out :lol: The look and feel is spot on, the rocks remind me of that Mountainous Red Mountain mod for Morrowind.

I love these, even if they get in the way of my tedious travels sometimes, at least we can practice climbing in the wilderness too! It just feels like they've always been there.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Oh so u need to disable Distant terrain... It was strange to me I only saw rocks on the coast line (where there really look good)
Hmm but I like the distant terrain, without it the landscape is very flat
The Dillema

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I don't use Distant Terrain myself. It seems it ignores any new location loaded by Uncanny's Location Loader and doesn't have its ground leveled out as it should be. You can still sue distant terrain but you can't use the heightmaps from it. Mountain and Hills + Distant Terrain seems to be the only way.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Interresting I thought these are not really compatible. Worth a try, thank you ;)