[MOD] Buff/Debuff Icons

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Terkot

Re: [MOD] Buff/Debuff Icons

Post by Terkot »

Hello i am a noob here but must say excellent work to you modders here on this epic undertaking.

I was wondering the status of this current project, the buff/debuff icons? I have tried all i can to get them to install,aside from recompiling daggerfall, which i have not done, nor do i know how. It just seems like the original blurry ones(buff/debuff icons) remain no matter what i attempt with the install. Does the games code still require rework to handle the additional icons? And if so will this possibly be addressed in a later build, so that plug and play is possible with a mod file? Thanks for your time and work everyone.

pango

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums!
Terkot wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:25 am I was wondering the status of this current project, the buff/debuff icons?
The main limitation currently, is that once you have an icon pack installed, you can select new icons for the spells in your spellbook, and only those:
change icon.jpg
change icon.jpg (236.99 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Terkot

Post by Terkot »

Thanks! I am currently playing as a rogue and have no access to spell book as i have no spells, if i hit "use" on the spellbook it just tells me i have no spells. I was more referring to the icons that show up on top of the hud when you are wearing enchanted gear, those are the ones i can't seem to change, wasn't sure if it was possible without altering the game build itself? Thanks again.

altug

Post by altug »

Is there a way to reduce the size (probably to half) the constant status effect icons on screen? They are way too big now. Also they can be placed to a better cornering to make general look much better.

pango

Post by pango »

altug wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:02 pm Is there a way to reduce the size (probably to half) the constant status effect icons on screen? They are way too big now. Also they can be placed to a better cornering to make general look much better.
Soon(TM)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart