Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
jedidia

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by jedidia »

Hello there, I'm finally in the process of making TediousTravel interact better with warm ashes.

THe trouble is, I haven't played with it so far, so I'm not sure how it's suposed to behave, which makes testing a bit tough. So I'll just go on and ask some stupid questions.

There was a wilderness encounter with a priest. I can see in the log that there's a lot going on, including apparently a home for that priest being generated. Meanwhile, all I saw was a text box in which he greeted me in the name of Mara, then TT resumed. Now I'm not sure, was there just supposed to be that text box, or was there supposed to be an actual NPC spawned in? Because if the second, I obviously still have a long way to go here...

Here's the log output of the encounter:

Code: Select all

Parsing quest WAQ_WILDERNESS.txt
Time to parse quest WAQ_WILDERNESS (Warm Ashes Wilderness) was 139ms.
Parsing quest WAQ_WILDERNESS_HUMAN.txt
Time to parse quest WAQ_WILDERNESS_HUMAN (Warm Ashes Human Skill Check) was 185ms.
Parsing quest WAQ_PRIESTS.txt
[WAQ_PRIESTS] Generated Home for Person _temple_ [Peristair Wickfield] at 'Daggerfall/Blackford' in building 'The Yeomhart Residence'
Created NPC Peristair Wickfield with FactionID #450.
top window: DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallMessageBox
Could you just tell me if there was anything else supposed to happen here?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

jedidia wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:23 pm Hello there, I'm finally in the process of making TediousTravel interact better with warm ashes.

THe trouble is, I haven't played with it so far, so I'm not sure how it's suposed to behave, which makes testing a bit tough. So I'll just go on and ask some stupid questions.

There was a wilderness encounter with a priest. I can see in the log that there's a lot going on, including apparently a home for that priest being generated. Meanwhile, all I saw was a text box in which he greeted me in the name of Mara, then TT resumed. Now I'm not sure, was there just supposed to be that text box, or was there supposed to be an actual NPC spawned in? Because if the second, I obviously still have a long way to go here...

Here's the log output of the encounter:

Code: Select all

Parsing quest WAQ_WILDERNESS.txt
Time to parse quest WAQ_WILDERNESS (Warm Ashes Wilderness) was 139ms.
Parsing quest WAQ_WILDERNESS_HUMAN.txt
Time to parse quest WAQ_WILDERNESS_HUMAN (Warm Ashes Human Skill Check) was 185ms.
Parsing quest WAQ_PRIESTS.txt
[WAQ_PRIESTS] Generated Home for Person _temple_ [Peristair Wickfield] at 'Daggerfall/Blackford' in building 'The Yeomhart Residence'
Created NPC Peristair Wickfield with FactionID #450.
top window: DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallMessageBox
Could you just tell me if there was anything else supposed to happen here?
You get a Message "Hello IM a priest blah blah" and it will spawn in a Healer foe who's passive and wont attack who the player can greet if the player stops.

The quest system will spawn NPC's at random homes whenever you want to use reputation. So if I want to check the temple reputation of the player, I have to create a NPC within the quest whom has relation to the temple in order to check it or take away reputation. The priest uses temple rep so thats why you see an npc spawn somewhere.

Person = NPC
_temple_ = Task that represents Group/Guild in association

The only thing that matters is that the quest will create a foe to represent the priest near the player. The next update, you'll be able to talk with them and maybe get a quest from them.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Thanks a lot. That means that TT still interrupts too late, as the priest was nowhere around. At least sometimes, it interrupted just fine when two bears wanted to eat my lvl1 character and forced me to pull a Rincewind... Let's see if I can fix this.

limorkil

Post by limorkil »

Is there a way to re-activate warm ashes if you previously answered "no" for a module when prompted?

I can see in the quest console that I "declined" the startup quests. How do I undo that or change it to "Accept".

Most mods you can enable and disable, but warm ashes is a manual install at the moment. I'm assuming that removing all the files and then saving the game and then reinstalling them will not work because the quests are in my save game.

Is there some kind of reset quest command?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

limorkil wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:29 pm Is there a way to re-activate warm ashes if you previously answered "no" for a module when prompted?

I can see in the quest console that I "declined" the startup quests. How do I undo that or change it to "Accept".

Most mods you can enable and disable, but warm ashes is a manual install at the moment. I'm assuming that removing all the files and then saving the game and then reinstalling them will not work because the quests are in my save game.

Is there some kind of reset quest command?
Yes, check out the install on the front page. It will tell you how to install with an already existing save.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

----------**WAQV3.3**----------

---Labyrinth Encounters---
-Fixed nymph spawns

---Wilderness Encounters---
-Fixed recall glitch
-Added random cooldown timers

---City Services/Smaller Events---
-Tavern Immersion encounters now happen instantly

Known issues for siege encounters:
-If you reload a save during a siege, DFU won't remember you entering the location so the retreat flag will start to
run. You can get around this by exciting the location and re-entering.
-Reloading the save too much will de-spawn the enemies and you will not be able to complete the siege.

Special Thanks:
Jay_H - For City Quests
Shinino - For fixing all grammar errors I've haven't had time to fix
Syrophir - For cleaning the quests and making it more Unity Editor friendly
Burin077 - Writing more dialogue
Ironman - For future updates

Download:WarmAshesV3.0.3
Last edited by Kamer on Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for update Kamer and the team!

CrazyFreak

Post by CrazyFreak »

Thanks for the update, Kamer! Unfortunately, it appears the link provided doesn't work. "The key you provided for file access was invalid."

Keep up the good work!
“...Regrettably, I have failed in my mission... But perhaps you can keep the torch lit...”

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I downloaded this from the Nexus and I'm having some difficulty making the zip file I got match up with the install instructions on Nexus.

Should the "Kamer" folder(including subfolders) be unpacked into the Questpack folder? If so, the later pictures do not match up. There is no Questpacks/Kamer/WarmAshes folder created, since there is no WarmAshes folder in the zip.
And the txt files in the zip-folder "Quests" is not even unpacked by following the instructions.

Did you update the file for 0.10.8 and not update the install instructions?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:45 am I downloaded this from the Nexus and I'm having some difficulty making the zip file I got match up with the install instructions on Nexus.

Should the "Kamer" folder(including subfolders) be unpacked into the Questpack folder? If so, the later pictures do not match up. There is no Questpacks/Kamer/WarmAshes folder created, since there is no WarmAshes folder in the zip.
And the txt files in the zip-folder "Quests" is not even unpacked by following the instructions.

Did you update the file for 0.10.8 and not update the install instructions?
Nothing has fundamentally changed. The Warm Ashes Folder was split for each model to give players a choice for the install. Kamer folder is still extracted within QuestPacks and the Quest folder's contents are still extracted into the Quests folder.