The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
King of Worms

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by King of Worms »

Welcome guys, its nice you joined us :)

srk:.

Post by srk:. »

Thanks!This seems a wonderful community. :)

GethN7

Post by GethN7 »

Hello everyone, GethN7 here, though if you read ChristCenteredGamer, you may know me by my real name of Daniel Cullen.

Speaking of CCG, I have a review of the game engine this forum is dedicated to in the pipeline, and while I plan to belay any further comment for my review, I just want to say I'm incredibly impressed by DF Unity and how I can enjoy a 500% more stable experience than the original with it.

I hope you guys have room for another Scrolls fan at the watercooler.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums! :)

greenlight

Post by greenlight »

Hello!

Even though Daggerfall is almost as old as me, I've started playing it around 2010 and grew fascinated with the scope and atmosphere of the game. It's simply great in more than one sense. From around 2011 to 2013/14 I've been active in the old DaggerXL forums and its IRC channel, and shortly after that I also worked with Deepfighter on the German translation of the game.

However, both due to time consuming studies and the lack of activity and progress of the DaggerXL/XL-Engine project, I lost contact with the community. I did play some very early build of Daggerfall Unity, but otherwise did not follow the project much. The more pleased I am to find that it's actually progressing amazingly well!

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to contribute to the project, but surely I'll do some testing and commenting.

Cheers :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy Daggerfall - Unity edition. Having testers with Daggerfall knowledge is very helpful, so glad to have you here.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

greenlight

Post by greenlight »

I did some beta testing and also writing/lorefixing/translating for Enderal - The Shards of Order (a very large total conversion mod project for Skyrim), so that might help me to look at DF/DFU from a new perspective. There's a lot of lore to dig up in Daggerfall :lol:

justanoob

Post by justanoob »

Hi everyone, As an e-mail address is nowhere to be found and I refuse to join twitter. Just here to tell Gavin the name of the girl's site he is looking for is Arwen Eve Tales of a clueless Woodelf.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ah that's it! I knew it began with an 'A'. I remember customising some morrowind modding stuff for her clueless series, only a minor thing but it was cool to help out. I'll post it, thanks man. You have a better memory than me.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I should problably have made a post here when joining the forums, oh well :)

Hi guys.

I am a dedicated tabletop rpg player/GM (usually Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay). Daggerfall has allways been the computer rpg I felt came closest to the feeling of a "proper" rpg. Seeing the possiblity to build on the foundation of Daggerfall has me all giddy, as Daggerfall was always a bit painful to play due to the obvious areas that were planned but never fleshed out. Being able to basically have a do-over with Daggerfall has a lot of potential.

As some of you problably have noticed, I have been spamming up the forums a bit with suggestions since I have a lot of creativety for storytelling and ruledesign, that I usually channel into my tabletop campaigns, but has currently been refocused into this project.
I have a little experience with coding in Visual Studio and Photoshop, but its been some years since I used it for anything. I am hoping to brush off my skills and start looking into the possiblity of making mods for DFU, but at the moment I am distracted by just playing the game. Once I get through the Main Quest I'll probably take some time to look at how to create mods and which of my ideas would be within the range of my skills.