[MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
jimfcarroll

Re: After Freeing Medora I can't fast travel?

Post by jimfcarroll »

How long did you wait for the load?

I suggest you disable all mods and try again. I had a similar problem where it would take several minutes to load a region when I had a series of mods loaded that included Trees of Daggerfall, Real Grass, Reflections, Vibrant Wind, etc. Particularly Trees.

Timmuborgir

Post by Timmuborgir »

Thanks, yes it was the tree mod. Though I have been playing with it up till now no problem, but yes the tree had slowed it down real bad.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'll merge this into the tree mod thread for attention.

joshsmyth

Re: [MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

Post by joshsmyth »

In terms of use with Tedious Travel, i'm assuming it's still levels of Real Grass glitchyness in terms of making you fall out of the world at 10x speed or more? (For good reason)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

OMG......I AM LATE !!!
THANK YOU !!!

I seriously have been waiting for any word on this thing, thank you dude..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Bender

Post by Bender »

The effect on the game is amazing. The trees truly look incredible. As others have stated though the performance hit is lofty. It's the one mod I really want on but have to leave off due to lag. I have my fingers crossed that optimizations can be made. Thank you for what you have created so far. Peformance or not it looks great.

algfr

Post by algfr »

Works great.

But it is still a bit choppy and loading a region usually takes up to one minute

I guess with a few optimizations it will be perfect.

strata

Post by strata »

For some reason this mod isn't working at all for me. Every other mod (I'm using most of them) works, and this is last on my load order and enabled, but all the trees are still sprites everywhere. Have tried with a new character as well. Am I missing something? Thanks!

pango

Post by pango »

strata wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:27 pm For some reason this mod isn't working at all for me. Every other mod (I'm using most of them) works, and this is last on my load order and enabled, but all the trees are still sprites everywhere. Have tried with a new character as well. Am I missing something? Thanks!
Since they're no 3D models for all trees yet, the problem is likely that you're not in High Rock, or you're in winter...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

strata

Post by strata »

pango wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:35 pm
strata wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:27 pm For some reason this mod isn't working at all for me. Every other mod (I'm using most of them) works, and this is last on my load order and enabled, but all the trees are still sprites everywhere. Have tried with a new character as well. Am I missing something? Thanks!
Since they're no 3D models for all trees yet, the problem is likely that you're not in High Rock, or you're in winter...
Ah... 11th of Morning Star, that's it! Thank you. Time to loiter around for a while so I can try these trees out.

(Come to think of it, I don't think I ever figured out whether the start date & time in Daggerfall was preset or randomized before)

Edit: And they work! Absolutely fantastic looking, and they fit in with the world perfectly.

Definitely a major impact on loading time and performance (Ryzen 5 1600) - but worth it.