October Builds 0.10.9

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

October Builds 0.10.9

Post by Interkarma »

This is primarily a bug fix build. Click through link to article.

https://www.dfworkshop.net/october-builds-0-10-9/

Jay_H

Re: October Builds 0.10.9

Post by Jay_H »

I'm amazed at the size of the contributors' list this time. What a community!

(I also think it's silly that you attributed the quest NPC infighting to me. You did 90% of it! :lol: )

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

What's a few lines of code between friends. :)

Yagiza

Post by Yagiza »

Just read the news. It seems, a lot of bugs, related to loot quest items not fixed yet?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This is a community of volunteers and someone has to want to work on them first. :)

I always do a big pass on quest system towards the end of a cycle (e.g. end of pre-alpha). This will happen again towards the end of alpha.

Yagiza

Post by Yagiza »

Interkarma wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:17 am This is a community of volunteers and someone has to want to work on them first. :)

I always do a big pass on quest system towards the end of a cycle (e.g. end of pre-alpha). This will happen again towards the end of alpha.
IC. I can try to fix them myself, but I'm also unsure how to prioritize: fixing DFU core, writing own mod or own quests.
But quest writing is blocked on those issues I reported, so it seems I have to choose between first two.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Builds have been updated to 0.10.10 to fix an intermittent issue with combat targeting.

clocknova

Post by clocknova »

The link to the Mac version leads to the Windows version instead.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for letting me know. I'll fix this up in next couple of hours when I'm back at my desk.

Edit: Link has been fixed now.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I reported that touch spells were inaccurate some time ago, only to get told by certain posters (rather condescendingly, I thought) "Playing a mage is hard, maybe you should practice more."

- Slightly increased range of touch spells.
- Fixed bug where touch spells can collide with own missile object, resulting in a miss.
- Fixed bug where touching caster and target colliders would result in a miss for touch spells.
- Fixed bug where magnitude spells allowed two saving throws, resulting in damage sometimes being bypassed when not intended.
- Player can now only release touch spells when a valid target is in range, like classic.

Seeing those fixes in place warms the cackles of my heart.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.