Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
haloterm

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by haloterm »

Kamer wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:52 pm Preview of how passive encounters work in the next version. Talk with them as well as being able to get a quest from the people you meet. [/youtube]
Awesome! But surely LOTS of work for you to implement. Do you plan to do that just for the thieve's guild or also for others?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

haloterm wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:17 pm
Kamer wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:52 pm Preview of how passive encounters work in the next version. Talk with them as well as being able to get a quest from the people you meet. [/youtube]
Awesome! But surely LOTS of work for you to implement. Do you plan to do that just for the thieve's guild or also for others?
I want quests for everyone who's passive and willing to give them out.

limorkil

Post by limorkil »

Kamer wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:45 pm What did you do before this occurred? What version do you have? The wilderness quests end themselves when you enter town.
I am using the latest version. My DU version is 0.10.07.

Unfortunately I cannot identify anything that I did differently. I rode my horse into town as per usual. The only thing I can think of is that I had very low fatigue and I collapsed to the ground immediately upon entering town.

I managed to fix the problem by riding my horse out of town - until I was clearly outside town limits - and then turning around and riding back.

I've not had the same problem again.

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

limorkil wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm
Kamer wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:45 pm What did you do before this occurred? What version do you have? The wilderness quests end themselves when you enter town.
I am using the latest version. My DU version is 0.10.07.

Unfortunately I cannot identify anything that I did differently. I rode my horse into town as per usual. The only thing I can think of is that I had very low fatigue and I collapsed to the ground immediately upon entering town.

I managed to fix the problem by riding my horse out of town - until I was clearly outside town limits - and then turning around and riding back.

I've not had the same problem again.
Latest build is 0.10.11

limorkil

Post by limorkil »

BoneofMalkav wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:15 pm Latest build is 0.10.11
Let me be more specific.
In response to my reporting of a problem I encountered several days ago, I was asked what version I was using.
I infer from this that the person asking wants to know what version I was using when I encountered the issue, and not what version I am using today.
The answer is that I was using what was the latest version at the time - 0.10.07.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ran into a small bug: THere is a commoner quest that has you look at a ring. The ring then teleports you into a dungeon and you have to find the way out. The dungeon just gave me a wilderness encounter.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:31 pm Ran into a small bug: THere is a commoner quest that has you look at a ring. The ring then teleports you into a dungeon and you have to find the way out. The dungeon just gave me a wilderness encounter.
Unfixable at the moment. Next version should be able to handle this though.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Infighting demostartion:

Robbery in the wilderness:
Spoiler!

Krodaevius

Post by Krodaevius »

Kamer wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:12 pm Robbery in the wilderness:
Spoiler!
This looks like the perfect adition for my custom "Nightbladish" char, looking foward for it!

Ty, keep the awesome work.

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

I've received this quest 3 times in the last 7 ingame days. Two variables are messed up too. I dunno if this is a Warm Ashes quest or one of Jay_H's, but it seems like a wilderness encounter.