Saving reshade settings [SOLVED]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Midknightprince

Saving reshade settings [SOLVED]

Post by Midknightprince »

The reshade tools that comes as part of king of worms dream viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168

I cannot save the settings..

I already have full control of files, it still won't save it.
I got my pre-set name up there it's never changed ( I called it mine).

Every time I exit the game all my settings get erased.
Has anybody tried this, and got their settings to save ?

That's all I want to do is save the settings so don't have to redo it every time.

Anybody ?

Edit:

Is this supposed to look like this ? CurrentPresetPath=C:\GAMES Install\Daggerfall\Mine.ini\Me.ini\Mine.ini
I think this is what I'm looking for in the ReShade.ini..
Is that it ? maybe its wrong ?
Someone help ?! :cry:

EDIT:

Ok, change your path CurrentPresetPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\DaggerfallU\Mine.ini ( this is the name of the folder where Daggerfall unity and this reshade thing is for me, so it will look different for you).
All I did was delete the entry in ini, CurrentPresetPath, and it automatically reset it.
This is how it worked for me, but it seems like someone should look at the default setting in this ini, because it defaults to whatever it was before on install guess...

IT WORKS !
Yes, I know I'm uncommonly talented..DONT SAY NOTHIN ! :D
Last edited by Midknightprince on Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Firebrand

Re: Saving reshade settings

Post by Firebrand »

Thank you, I was having the same problem ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok so ppl need to change the ini to their actual install path.
Not sure what can be done about it, because everyone can have different install locations

Anyway, this is a preset and it does exactly that, so I dont see it as a functionality problem at my side.
If the user wants to dive more in-depth with reshade, create his versions etc, he needs to dig a bit deeper, exactly like you did :)
Thanks for info!

Midknightprince

Magic Bloom seems to be the best one as far as Light bloom.
The other ones are way too saturated..

KoW is right I don't think depth of field is going to work because we have Sprites, it's a Pity because there's lots of depth of field things in there but they all look weird I think that's just how it goes..

I've got quite a few things on but I'm updating my graphics card drivers and cleaning my harddrive drive, I'll put the ones I've tested up here in a bit.

I'm not going to say too much but when my daughter walked in here after I was done messing with it she thought I was playing Morrowind Graphics overhaul..
Thanks you guys, I love it !

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

The paths, TextureSearchPaths and EffectSearchPaths in the properties file are relative. Can CurrentPresetPath and ScreenshotPath also be relative? If so then they can be set the same for everyone.

Midknightprince

Ok try these..

*EyeAdaption ( it seems to change the Hue and the colors on my screen, deeper colors).

*MagicBloom ( it's the best-looking one for me ( there is another in there but the effect is either to subtle or oversaturated)), be sure and change the ambient light settings from the main menu, and if you haven't checked out enhanced interior lighting you may want to right about now ( just saying).

*GaussianBlur ( makes distant objects blurry some, a nice effect.

*Curves ( gets rid of the haziness ( default DFU looks hazy for me )), ads deeper darker colors.

*Vibrance.Makes the colors really pop

*FXAA it's the only AA that seems to work, and I don't want the stuff to be too sharp and crisp so if you don't like it don't use it it sort of blurrs stuff up at a distance.

*Surfaceblur adds yet more more fussiness.

I think I've tried pretty much all of them, those are the ones I noticed enough to keep ( the rest either don't work right or I can't tell a difference).

Now this is just by looking at it, If someone knows about any of this stuff and has the chance I'm sure they could make more sense into that I can, and it seems you're going to want to fiddle with the ambient light settings, and get that interior lighting mod.

There's also settings for each selection, and I've messed with a few settings with some of them, but everything up here which is the stuff I use is set to default, I was trying to get the depth of field work right, and the ambient occlusion so maybe somebody could figure that stuff out, but as long as ssao Works in post-processing I'm good :lol:

I was seriously worried about that TheLacus :lol:

I need my ao now, you see what you've done to me :lol:

And king of worms.....D.R.E.A.M., is some next-level stuff dude, you guys shredded that stuff...

I'm seriously amazed, and people are going to freak.

Okay you guys can close this since the problem has been fixed, Maybe use what I picked and start a new thread so people can contribute ?
I am going to play my game peace guys...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

And king of worms.....D.R.E.A.M., is some next-level stuff dude, you guys shredded that stuff...
Thank you :) There are lots of names in the credits, but I did the 90% of the stuff, maybe more, not ashamed to state it as it is ;)

Midknightprince

Something to note: when you get this thing running you have to let it load up before you start messing with any keys, and that goes for the startup of dfu proper.

If you start hitting keys it sometimes messes that up, and I've had a buggy game or two do to my impatience.

Seems like it takes about 5 Seconds, so if you see that loading thing on the top of the screen just hold off a bit.

It also cuts off the intro, I don't know about vanilla but in dream you missed the first couple of seconds.

Sometimes it re loads when there is some heavy activity with loading stuff, maybe if you're hitting keys impatiently with the loading screen mod, but it's like it crashes and resets because it's reloading up while the game is loading and it has only done it when I first started messing with this thing and didn't realize you got to wait, so if your hands off until it's done loading your good.

I wonder if there's a way to get this thing to load up just after the setup screen, before the videos?
Make an option for it to hook up at the start, before it loads anything visual?
I don't care it makes this game look beautiful, I'm using it Until It Breaks ( unless it never breaks which would be awesome).

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Theres no need to hit any keys if you use it as intended - as a preset. For anything beyond that, I dont really care :)
It never reseted or crashed to me during months. But thats... using is as preset aka as intended.

Honestly, I dont see ANY reason why you should be "hitting keys" few seconds after a startup - in the game menu, why you do this mate? :D

Also it takes 5 seconds to you, because you added a lots of effects on top of mine... each effect takes time to initialize. I have created a light version which has a low initialization time. And thats the only version I take responsibility for ;)