KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
clocknova

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by clocknova »

I'm pretty sure that the reshade won't work on MacOS, either. If we can get these things built into the .app, then great. But anything that requires a .dll is pretty much Windows only.

pango

Post by pango »

Braggi wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:18 pm @jedida: Glad to see you got it worked out. (You're using a Linux install? Pardon me if I do the occasional "we're-not-worthy" bow in your general direction. I've never been able to get myself and Linux on speaking terms and admire anyone who does.) :)
Well, having used Linux for all my needs since '96, I can tell you that using Windows is very complex to learn.
Windows 10 feels totally alien to me. You just forgot how hard it was :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

septua77

Post by septua77 »

Loving the mod. Any way to swap out our own custom cursors? I tried just throwing a cursor.png file in the streamingassets/textures but it's all weird looking.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Well, having used Linux for all my needs since '96, I can tell you that using Windows is very complex to learn.
Screwing around with a windows system is hell compared to linux, true.
But nothing annoys me more than having to screw around with an OS in my spare time. And windows 7 and 10 were solid enough that the times you have to fix anything are exceedingly rare as long as you behave like an ordinary user that just browses the internet and plays games. Which is what I'm using my private computer for. That and some high-level development, but that's really just being a user too on the OS level.

Now, if I'd have to run our microservice architecture on windows, I would probably go insane in a couple of weeks. But if I had to fiddle with my OS at home the entire time to get stuff running, the same would probably apply.

Anyways, enough thread jacking. Enjoying the new DREAM. Great work KOW, and everybody else involved!

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Love the mod. One suggestion I have is to make the manual a bit more indepth. Individually profile everything that is included and some tech info like quirks and performance hits by individual packages.

Okay, so I'm in-game now. D.R.E.A.M. has made my compass small and a chicky thicc:

What do

(PS I have the Villager Immersion Overhaul mod installed)

UPDATE: Turns out that if you have VIO with a lower priority than DREAM, it works fine.
Last edited by alphaTECH on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I dont like big compass... it was like this since start

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

septua77 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:21 am Loving the mod. Any way to swap out our own custom cursors? I tried just throwing a cursor.png file in the streamingassets/textures but it's all weird looking.

Create your own dfmod package. U cant swap it by dropping file in textures

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:00 am I dont like big compass... it was like this since start
Any way to specifically override the new dimensions then?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Certain UI images need additional informations. These are provided using .xml files, each one with the same name as the texture file it refers to and placed in the same folder. width and height parameters affect the size on screen. Here are provided the defaults values, but it’s possible to customize them.

HUD Compass
COMPASS.IMG.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<info>
<width>322</width>
<height>14</height>
</info>

COMPBOX.IMG.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<info>
<width>69</width>
<height>17</height>
</info>

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Helegad wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:16 am Love the mod. One suggestion I have is to make the manual a bit more indepth. Individually profile everything that is included and some tech info like quirks and performance hits by individual packages.

Okay, so I'm in-game now. D.R.E.A.M. has made my compass small and a chicky thicc:
What do

(PS I have the Villager Immersion Overhaul mod installed)
I think that's VIO mod and DREAM not playing nice. There might be a way to set up some configs?
King of Worms wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:27 pm Certain UI images need additional informations. These are provided using .xml files, each one with the same name as the texture file it refers to and placed in the same folder. width and height parameters affect the size on screen. Here are provided the defaults values, but it’s possible to customize them.
Not to nitpick or anything, but that seems like a really good thing to have a toggle for in the settings for DREAM. We've entered into a time where you don't always have to choose one or the other. That said, it is your time involved, so up to you.