[MOD] Daggerfall Skyshards

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: [MOD] Daggerfall Skyshards

Post by pango »

Another one in Daggerfall region...
Spoiler!
In the middle of Daggerfall's largest lake
Daggerfall lake.jpg
Daggerfall lake.jpg (147.69 KiB) Viewed 4030 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Man I can only find the one outside of privateers hold :o
Maybe I'm just not paying attention.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

pango

Post by pango »

I must say I found the last one above in a strange way...
I was traveling next to that piece of water, having some quest waiting for me on the other side, when I noticed a small crack in the ground between two zones. Very small one, yet I never saw that before, so I was puzzled/upset when I turned around and saw the blue beam. I have no idea if the two are related, or it's just that this detail just made me better examine my surroundings.

By the way reaching it was a pain, because Warm Ashes decided to spawn a gang of thieves, and even if they didn't follow me in the water they shot me with arrows and I was vulnerable while swimming and died several times trying to dodge them...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Man.........this thing and the sky ships...

I don't believe it :D :D :D
I seriously have to let this stuff sink in.

It's actually tedious travel to, I'm getting ideas, and I wish we had traveling Merchants so I never had to go back to town, except for the boat..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Dracosophy

Post by Dracosophy »

Great idea, though maybe at some point we can modify it to have a bit more lore/immersion purpose to it?
Hmm, off the top of my head I'm thinking maybe when you join a Temple or something you're either required to have found a certain number of shards for that God/guild, or maybe it unlocks shards of that God/guild (they tell you how to identify them which then reveals them in a specific color-light that is unique to that God?)
_ _ _
Another idea might involve the shards turning into stone tablets that increase knowledge/ability in the language skills or something? Making your chances of pacifying those creatures jump up a bit without one having to go and train them or make them any of your chosen skills (since who does that very often anyway, really?)
_ _ _
Keeping the general shards seems a fine options as well though, so it could just be optional to add more of the-like when your faction/guild/God unlocks more?
pango wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 am Warm Ashes decided to spawn a gang of thieves, and even if they didn't follow me in the water they shot me with arrows and I was vulnerable while swimming and died several times trying to dodge them...
Heh, epic. Maybe I'm a powergamer but boy does Levitate, water walking and water breathing come in handy sometimes....
"Dra-kohso-fee" A word I created to express interest in truth & the study of danger(s).
Draco meaning: snake, serpent, or dragon (metaphorical 'ultimate challenge')
-sophy (from Greek) meaning: knowledge of-, understanding or wisdom.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

So how does this work? Does these attribute bonuses allows stats to go over 100? Is it better to find them after attributes are already raised to 100? Or do they allows stats to go over 100 retroactively?

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:50 pmAll Skyshards are located outside
My spidey sense is tingling outside the front door to Direnni Tower. I haven't explored inside yet. I've checked up and down the tower, and the sound is definitely coming from behind the front door. Is this intended or a bug?

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Helegad wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:29 am
Uncanny_Valley wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:50 pmAll Skyshards are located outside
My spidey sense is tingling outside the front door to Direnni Tower. I haven't explored inside yet. I've checked up and down the tower, and the sound is definitely coming from behind the front door. Is this intended or a bug?
It's a bug, I've already found a few cases where the skyshards would be inside the building models
Spoiler!
(IE Inside the model Castle Daggerfall)
that I would have to abuse the teleport console command to glitch into the models to get the sky shard. I figured it was just a problem with my Daggerfall Unity set up and moved on. Glad I'm not the only one having this problem though.

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Gotta wonder if OP has abandoned his mod, he hasn't participated in this topic since he started it...

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Helegad wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:11 pm Gotta wonder if OP has abandoned his mod, he hasn't participated in this topic since he started it...
Don't be surprised, Uncanny_Valley works on SO many different DFU mods I understand if he doesn't get to update some of em. :lol: