Will you purchase TES VI?

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Ommamar

Will you purchase TES VI?

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dalebvr

Re: Will you purchase TES VI?

Post by Dalebvr »

If its a self contained single player game with no bullshit like their Fallout F-up, probably. I have a 12 core Threadripper just waiting for it, along with a 2060 GTX with 8 gigs of Vram. I fear that TES VI may not be moddable, considering they are using photo geometry (at least as of last tidbits) which likely won't be changeable by the average user. Maybe they'll learn from the disaster of their pay to play scheme. If not, Skyrim may be the last TES game released.

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Will it require Beth.net in some way? Then no.
Will it have creation club/microtransactions? Then no.

Considering both will almost assuredly happen... No, I won't get it.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It's way, waaay too early for me to decide. I don't even know the game's subtitle, much less its story, gameplay, moddability, or attraction. You might as well ask whether to buy Kerbal Space Program 3 at this point ;)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I loved Daggerfall.

I liked Morrowind

I disliked Oblivion

I was just disappointed by Skyrim

Bethesda is no longer a game developer that makes games I enjoy. All I can see is what could have been. So no, unless it turns out that they have completely changed game design philosphy, I'm not interested.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Ommamar wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:44 am Kerbals? Aren't those the things from Start Trek that produced so much they took over the Enterprise?
Tribbles!

And no, Beth won't see a dime from me. I need money to buy enough popcorn for the drama when it's released
Last edited by BadLuckBurt on Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

If its even one of these things - always online, microtransactions and further dumbed down "game as a service" - which it WILL be, than no.

Decrepit DaggerFan

Post by Decrepit DaggerFan »

Considering I'm just shy of 69, it's entirely possible I'll not be around if and when TESVI releases, or be too infirm of body and/or mind to care. Assuming none of those scenarios come to pass, we'll see when the time comes. Like many, I have my worries. Certainly no pre-order, or day-one purchase. Heck, I didn't purchase Oblivion until three years after its premiere, and 'modded' Oblivion is tied with Daggerfall as my favorite series entry. Admittedly, in Oblivion's case I waited as long as I did only because my PC at time of launch didn't meet minimum hardware requirements. Be that as it may, I don't trust Bethesda as I once did. They need to re-earn my trust.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

"There is, as of yet, insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

And that, I think, is the best answer I can give at this time.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.