Interaction Mode setting: center

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ralzar

Interaction Mode setting: center

Post by Ralzar »

I didn't post this in the mod forum because I consider this not really a mod as much as something to be considered as a QoL option in DFU.

Simply add a checkbox with "Center Interaction Mode Icon". Which would change the interaction modes positioning.

Which would look like this ingame:

I did this in Unity by just editing HUDInteractionModeIcon.cs where i changed the position to:
Position = new Vector2((Screen.width * 0.5f) - (TalkTexture.width * 2.2f), (Screen.height * 0.5f) - (TalkTexture.width * 0.8f));

Then, for a fancier result, have a version of the interaction icons where the inspect icon is the crosshairs. So you can always change to Inspect Mode to not have an icon in the middle of the screen. (This could alternatively be added by a tiny mod I guess?)

This would help in knowing what you are about to do when you click stuff without having to check in the left corner or constantly change modes to be certain you're in the right one.

Edit: the other way to do this would be to have a crosshair option where the crosshair is the interaction mode.
Last edited by Ralzar on Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Narf the Mouse

Re: Interaction Mode setting: center

Post by Narf the Mouse »

This idea makes complete sense. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Nice light-touch idea, though I'm still holding out hope that in a few months or so when things settle down a bit, Interkarma may revisit his previous idea to optionally do away with these clunky interaction modes altogether (viewtopic.php?f=4&p=26773#p26767; viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1042&p=12560#p12560). That would be a massive improvement IMHO. We'll see!

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Your screenshot makes it look like you want to stroke the guy's beard... :lol:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:57 am Your screenshot makes it look like you want to stroke the guy's beard... :lol:
What, it's not called Stroke Mode? :D

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.