0.10.11 - Questor name repeated in whereis after accepting quest with quest lists

4nt

Re: Guild/Temple Quests Bug

Post by 4nt »

Got it, I'll report back in a bit and let you know whether I'm still having problems with the bug or not after I've done this.

(Heh, good thing i already wrote my mod list in the initial post. That'll save me some time, lol.)

Edit: Alright, I've installed the current version of Daggerfall Unity and installed the most up to date versions of my mods.

I was able to still reproduce the glitch. The only difference being that i can actually ask the NPC about the person who shows up repeatedly on the people tab before the dialog menu locks up the features it was locking up before, lmao.

Last edited by 4nt on Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hopefully it solves it, but I've seen a few posts where people have suffered from old bugs in newer version because the saves are from older builds.

I have not experienced it myself though, and I've been playing the same character since 0.10.6.

4nt

Post by 4nt »

(i updated my last post)

I'll try and make a new character, see if its affecting all my files or not.

EDIT: Aye, its happening on completely new save files/characters as well.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Confirmed in 0.10.11. Only happens with quest lists enabled. Steps to reproduce:
  1. Speak with a quest-giver and select "get quest"
  2. Accept one of the quests.
  3. Speak with another NPC and ask "where is > people".
  4. Note quest-giver name is repeated a number of times matching number of quests just generated for list.
This is an issue of quest list compilation registering with talk system when it shouldn't be. This doesn't happen with standard quest offer approach.

Conjecture: I think talk clean-up is being done when cancelling quest list, but not after accepting quest.

I'll move this to bug reports.

4nt

Re: 0.10.11 - Questor name repeated in whereis after accepting quest with quest lists

Post by 4nt »

Yeah, i was really curious why this glitch wasn't affecting quests given by random NPCs in taverns and the like. It was only isolated to quest givers in guilds and temples.

Anyways, thank you for diagnosing the problem Interkarma. I'll just grind quests at inns and other buildings for now until this bug is resolved. :D

Hazelnut

Re: 0.10.11 - Questor name repeated in whereis after accepting quest with quest lists

Post by Hazelnut »

4nt wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:51 am Anyways, thank you for diagnosing the problem Interkarma. I'll just grind quests at inns and other buildings for now until this bug is resolved. :D
Well you could just switch off quest lists enhanced option until it's fixed, nothing is broken with the normal quest offering system.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods