KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
alphaTECH

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by alphaTECH »

Krodaevius wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:42 am
Adrinus wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:59 pm

I do, especially since your mod is so popular. If you have repeated requests to restore the compass size, it is worth adding the toggle, especially when you accept public input and incorporate others' work to refine your vision.
Why should he use his personal time doing something he doesn't want just because of a "repeated requests" in a thread for a mod he did for FREE?. As the man said, if you want it so bad make it yourself.
FREE as in there's actually people making money out of some part of this? Don't start with that garbage, there is no prerequisite for effort here other than passion and ability. Like I said, he's incorporating others' work, so it would be fair to respond to public feedback in kind. Hell, my extensive work on Tamriel Mixdown (which was the base for Pango's Cleaned Sound Clips) hasn't been acknowledged at any point in this mod, so KoW cracking on about "MY vision" and "MY work" and putting his name in front of it all is just pretentious. DFU is community driven, from start to finish.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Helegad wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:44 am
Krodaevius wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:42 am
Adrinus wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:59 pm

I do, especially since your mod is so popular. If you have repeated requests to restore the compass size, it is worth adding the toggle, especially when you accept public input and incorporate others' work to refine your vision.
Why should he use his personal time doing something he doesn't want just because of a "repeated requests" in a thread for a mod he did for FREE?. As the man said, if you want it so bad make it yourself.
FREE as in there's actually people making money out of some part of this? Don't start with that garbage, there is no prerequisite for effort here other than passion and ability. Like I said, he's incorporating others' work, so it would be fair to respond to public feedback in kind. Hell, my extensive work on Tamriel Mixdown (which was the base for Pango's Cleaned Sound Clips) hasn't been acknowledged at any point in this mod, so KoW cracking on about "MY vision" and "MY work" and putting his name in front of it all is just pretentious. DFU is community driven, from start to finish.
I don't get it, they literally show you how to do the modification you like, why simply not do it, thanks them and enjoy the game? :?:

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Because I made a point, he was a dick about it, now we're here, with two proxy mouthpieces making passive-aggressive snobby remarks because he won't fight his own fight. What did you expect?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Wow, congrats on going full retard Helegad :/ This is really sad and I will not join the "discussion" with anyone attacking me this way, demanding stuff this way.. at all.

I dont feel the need to fight your lunatic accusations.

Would be cool if I was in control of who can actually use my mod, so I would ban you. But I cant. So enjoy my work I give u for free, Ive spend 2 years in CRAZY tempo creating this basically as my main job.

What I can do is to put u on my ignore list, and thats what I will do. I just dont want to see any more of your posts.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

And honestly... I think its time to stop my communication outwards. Only ppl I will respond to are ppl I consider friends after years Ive spend with em on this project. And that might be only thru PMs.

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

:roll:

Krodaevius

Post by Krodaevius »

Helegad wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:44 am FREE as in there's actually people making money out of some part of this
Show us proof of this, until that this is just a tantrum of an entitled little shit who thinks for any delusional reason that these people owe him something.

Oh, and show us that you spent money to claim any "right to make a demand" that you THINK you have...

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No one is obligated in this community to respond to user feedback. If you feel you want credit for your contribution to D.R.E.A.M., tell KOW about it in a reasonable manner.

Either this topic's going to come to a civil tone or I'm locking it up for awhile until we can come to grips on it.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I believe everybody needs to sit back and have a nice sweet mug of mead...
Think about there past transgressions, and reminisce about how messed up the RDR2 launch on pc went...
WE COULD BE THOSE GUYS, guys !
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok only thing which I think needs my reply is the sound part.

I used - with permission and credits given - Pangos cleaned soundclips. These were originally based on Tamriel mixdown created by the angry guy. Tamriel mixdown was all about adjusting volumes, full dot.

Since Ive spend a numerous days on further working on the Cleaned Soundclips, replaced 10s of sounds with new ones, and I touched every existing sound there, where I changed the volume, EQ, added echos and yada yada, the volume levels set by Tamriel Mixdown are NOT used anymore.

But since there is still a slight chance, that few of the 300 sounds really might be having the same volume as Tamriel mixdown - I will adjust the credits accordingly. I have no problem with it. If you check the credits, I credited ppl for donating 2 textures :) And there are credits for things which are not in the DREAM anymore, like Charcoal Ghosts by Pango, because I did not feel like deleting it - because the ACT of donation by Pango was made in the past, and I want that to be known, being it currently used or not.

So its not like I enjoy taking someones work and not credit the source, contrary! Im quite religious about it.

In the case of the sound, its quite questionable if it is really still based on Tamriel Mixdown, but I dont care. Since this request has been voiced (or what it really was?) - I will update the credits for the sake of dealing with it.

I feel like this was just a vicarious problem voiced by the person, only for the sake of giving some "ground" to his "opinion"
Nevertheless this was the only part where I felt it is at least somehow reasonable, eventho as I explained above, its quite questionable if this is based on anything real.

I still hope he enjoys my work, because thats why this mod was created.

PS: I even tryed to create the XML files for reverting the compass size and tested it. The compass textures are made specifically for the small version, and it doesnt look good when you just swap the XML files with the original values. So its impossible to satisfy his "requests" anyway, without creating new compass textures, which I will DEFINITELY not do. This makes this whole affair even more unreal, if its even possible.

Take care ;)

EDIT: Hell, here are the XML files with original values, place the in the streaming assets/textures/img to get original sized compass. I recommend using different compass textures than the ones I use in DREAM. There are some compass packs to choose from.
Img.rar
(293 Bytes) Downloaded 65 times