KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
alphaTECH

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by alphaTECH »

I never demanded anything or accused anyone of anything. I was making a very clear point. If you guys feel the need to deliberately miss it and start a flame war, I'll respond in kind, but I still haven't thrown around insults (eg. "angry guy", "entitled little shit", etc, nice work Krodaevius, I wouldn't be surprised if that's just KoW's alt account). I couldn't care less about being not being credited for the largely overwritten work that's ended up in this mod, I'm just happy that people have accepted and used it, but I do care when I get sarcastic, pretentious responses to a perfectly reasonable suggestion that's been brought up before. inb4 I misunderstood the tone/meaning of KoW's responses, I understood it perfectly well, and internet princesses are a dime a dozen these days.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm sorry that I have to lock the progress in this topic but it isn't getting better. We'll see when it re-opens.

limorkil

DREAM Mod - Sneak Key

Post by limorkil »

The DREAM thread is locked, so I am not sure where to post this. I also apologize if this issue has been raised before.
In Daggerfall, using Unity but no DREAM mod, you can see a key labeled Sneak at the right side of the Control screen . The default key is LeftAlt.
With DREAM, this key is labeled "Look Around". But it functions as Sneak.

I was going mad wondering why I could not see the Sneak key. Took me a while to figure this out.

Just posting this here in the event someone else thinks they are going mad/blind or both.

Narf the Mouse

Re: DREAM Mod - Sneak Key

Post by Narf the Mouse »

limorkil wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:50 am The DREAM thread is locked, so I am not sure where to post this. I also apologize if this issue has been raised before.
In Daggerfall, using Unity but no DREAM mod, you can see a key labeled Sneak at the right side of the Control screen . The default key is LeftAlt.
With DREAM, this key is labeled "Look Around". But it functions as Sneak.

I was going mad wondering why I could not see the Sneak key. Took me a while to figure this out.

Just posting this here in the event someone else thinks they are going mad/blind or both.
This weirdness apparently goes all the way to Classic, and it's options of mouse+WASD or the mouse-arrow movement. So it's not DREAM's fault. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Re-opening this topic.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you, lets keep it civil ;)

jayhova

Re: DREAM Mod - Sneak Key

Post by jayhova »

This is a sort of bug in the way controls are displayed. Perhaps an updated controls screen that addresses this is in order.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

algfr

Post by algfr »

Hello Manimarco,

Any update regarding the issue with cinematics under Linux ?

pango

Post by pango »

Hi,
algfr wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:28 pm Any update regarding the issue with cinematics under Linux ?
DFU could be modified to use a webm video instead of a mp4 video when compiled for Linux:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/1550
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

algfr

Post by algfr »

pango wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 pm Hi,
DFU could be modified to use a webm video instead of a mp4 video when compiled for Linux:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/1550
Hello

Should I convert some files myself ?