[Update TBA] The Ironman Module Pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
DFIronman

Re: Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.3 (10/26/2019)

Post by DFIronman »

Yeah, there's really no solution to that other than having a beefier character. Does the escape key close the message box? Might be able to do that faster.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

DFIronman wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:25 am Yeah, there's really no solution to that other than having a beefier character. Does the escape key close the message box? Might be able to do that faster.
I spammed the escape key one of those reloads, and it didn't.

There's a suggestion: Escape key to auto-escape message boxes; if there's a question, auto-select "No."
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

That's actually already a feature in DFU, but the message box needs to have that option enabled. The change to make it enabled by default would have to be suggested in another forum.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

DFIronman wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:05 am That's actually already a feature in DFU, but the message box needs to have that option enabled. The change to make it enabled by default would have to be suggested in another forum.
Thanks anyway. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Looking at your mod, I assume you modded formulahelper.cs to make the Critcal Strike change? Do you have a github repository of your code? I am curious how you built that mod.

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Nah, no need to modify FormulaHelper.cs. You can essentially override a number of formula methods in FormulaHelper by registering a delegate for a particular formula method.

I don't have a Github at the moment and the code's not near me, but if you take a look at one of the formula merhods, you should be able to see where the delegate method would be called while the rest of the FormulaHelper method is not executed. I think an example of this in practice is available on Hazelnut's Github for the Archaeologists mod (or Roleplay & Realism).

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

I'm excited to try this out. This sort of challenge is why many people play Daggerfall. It's going to be a hit! You managed to knock out about a dozen "wouldn't it be nice if..." requests all by yourself.
It's so satisfying to see great new mods from new authors at this late stage in DFU's development. It just keeps getting better.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

DFIronman wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:13 am Nah, no need to modify FormulaHelper.cs. You can essentially override a number of formula methods in FormulaHelper by registering a delegate for a particular formula method.

I don't have a Github at the moment and the code's not near me, but if you take a look at one of the formula merhods, you should be able to see where the delegate method would be called while the rest of the FormulaHelper method is not executed. I think an example of this in practice is available on Hazelnut's Github for the Archaeologists mod (or Roleplay & Realism).
Thanks Ironman, you are quite correct. Not every single formula is available, but most are and the others will be done when there's demand/need.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Lorex

Post by Lorex »

Great additions to gameplay, and ironman mode is really a challenge. My suggestion to the list is the chance to be dismounted in random encouters, so you can't outrun them right away.

CringingDragon

Post by CringingDragon »

Def been enjoying the mod. adds a nice layer of crazy and terrifying to the mix.

Only suggestion is a toggle for pausing during speech. I have not played a lot of Daggerfall so I'm often having to rush through the dialogues because I'm getting attacked before I can finish reading what's happening. Also using the Warm Ashes mod which for some reason felt the need to have 3 events spawn on me one after another, effectively stun locking me in text and dying before I can click out of it.

Everything else has been great. keep up the good work.