Extreme weather mod

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Jay_H

Extreme weather mod

Post by Jay_H »

Surely this kind of stuff is possible in Unity, right? High winds, tornadoes, hurricanes, sandstorms, earthquakes, and all kinds of other environmental disruptions could hit the Iliac Bay. Perhaps you'd be unable to rest outdoors while some of these things are happening?

King of Worms

Re: Extreme weather mod

Post by King of Worms »

Id like to see weather extend for a loooong time :) I hope someone can build upon the "enhanced sky" and push it a bit further

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

That would be really nice. I allready love it when you hear thunder during rain.

Effects I can think of on the fly:

Extreme weather makes all, or most, random walking NPCs stay inside, leaving town streets deserted undtil the weather passes.

Strong winds could actually push the player around.

Lightning strikes in random trees. Or even in a well-armoured player?

Heavy rain could lead to flooding. So the town has the ankle-deep water you sometimes run into in dungeons.

Scorching sun could lead to sun damage even if you are not a vampire. Not to mention fatigue damage from heat stroke. Or maybe heat stroke would be a disease?

Herowho

Post by Herowho »

Ralzar wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 am
Scorching sun could lead to sun damage even if you are not a vampire. Not to mention fatigue damage from heat stroke. Or maybe heat stroke would be a disease?
That would make the desert more interesting. Maybe you would have to wait inside interiors for night, or drink bottles of water to fend off the effects for a time. There's water in bottles in Daggerfall, right, or is there just oil?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Herowho wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:09 am
Ralzar wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 am
That would make the desert more interesting. Maybe you would have to wait inside interiors for night, or drink bottles of water to fend off the effects for a time. There's water in bottles in Daggerfall, right, or is there just oil?
Eeeh, there is the ingredients "Pure Water", which for some reason is a bottle of yellow liquid?

Anyway, I made a more extensive mod suggestion in the same vein here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2954

If this mechanic could be incorporated into that as well, that would lead to a completely different Daggerfall experience.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Herowho wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:09 am That would make the desert more interesting. Maybe you would have to wait inside interiors for night, or drink bottles of water to fend off the effects for a time. There's water in bottles in Daggerfall, right, or is there just oil?
Voluminous robes actually work rather well in the desert. Hence, them being common Muslim apparel for thousands of years. The effect, as I understand it, is to effectively carry your own portable, shaded tent with you.

This is your random Internet Fact of the day. Internet Facts are not guaranteed to be Facts. ;)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 am Eeeh, there is the ingredients "Pure Water", which for some reason is a bottle of yellow liquid?
Bottled at the infamous Bear Grylls springs. Sorry, couldn't resist.

On topic, extreme weather would be cool, I always enjoyed the ash and blight storms in Morrowind. Wrothgaria and the Dragon Tail Mountains could do with feeling less hospitable.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt