KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Helegad

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Helegad » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 am

I never demanded anything or accused anyone of anything. I was making a very clear point. If you guys feel the need to deliberately miss it and start a flame war, I'll respond in kind, but I still haven't thrown around insults (eg. "angry guy", "entitled little shit", etc, nice work Krodaevius, I wouldn't be surprised if that's just KoW's alt account). I couldn't care less about being not being credited for the largely overwritten work that's ended up in this mod, I'm just happy that people have accepted and used it, but I do care when I get sarcastic, pretentious responses to a perfectly reasonable suggestion that's been brought up before. inb4 I misunderstood the tone/meaning of KoW's responses, I understood it perfectly well, and internet princesses are a dime a dozen these days.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:42 am

I'm sorry that I have to lock the progress in this topic but it isn't getting better. We'll see when it re-opens.

limorkil

DREAM Mod - Sneak Key

Post by limorkil » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:50 am

The DREAM thread is locked, so I am not sure where to post this. I also apologize if this issue has been raised before.
In Daggerfall, using Unity but no DREAM mod, you can see a key labeled Sneak at the right side of the Control screen . The default key is LeftAlt.
With DREAM, this key is labeled "Look Around". But it functions as Sneak.

I was going mad wondering why I could not see the Sneak key. Took me a while to figure this out.

Just posting this here in the event someone else thinks they are going mad/blind or both.

Narf the Mouse

Re: DREAM Mod - Sneak Key

Post by Narf the Mouse » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:45 am

limorkil wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:50 am
The DREAM thread is locked, so I am not sure where to post this. I also apologize if this issue has been raised before.
In Daggerfall, using Unity but no DREAM mod, you can see a key labeled Sneak at the right side of the Control screen . The default key is LeftAlt.
With DREAM, this key is labeled "Look Around". But it functions as Sneak.

I was going mad wondering why I could not see the Sneak key. Took me a while to figure this out.

Just posting this here in the event someone else thinks they are going mad/blind or both.
This weirdness apparently goes all the way to Classic, and it's options of mouse+WASD or the mouse-arrow movement. So it's not DREAM's fault. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:07 pm

Re-opening this topic.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:02 pm

Thank you, lets keep it civil ;)

jayhova

Re: DREAM Mod - Sneak Key

Post by jayhova » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:24 am

This is a sort of bug in the way controls are displayed. Perhaps an updated controls screen that addresses this is in order.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. DFU Ver. Alpha 0.10.7

algfr

Post by algfr » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Hello Manimarco,

Any update regarding the issue with cinematics under Linux ?

pango

Post by pango » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Hi,
algfr wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:28 pm
Any update regarding the issue with cinematics under Linux ?
DFU could be modified to use a webm video instead of a mp4 video when compiled for Linux:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/1550
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

algfr

Post by algfr » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:27 pm

pango wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 pm
Hi,
DFU could be modified to use a webm video instead of a mp4 video when compiled for Linux:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/1550
Hello

Should I convert some files myself ?