KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
TheLacus

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by TheLacus »

pango wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 pm Hi,
algfr wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:28 pm Any update regarding the issue with cinematics under Linux ?
DFU could be modified to use a webm video instead of a mp4 video when compiled for Linux:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/1550
This is only for loose files. DREAM uses dfmods so Kow can build a Linux version anytime he wants. The files would need to be converted to webm if Unity Editor doesn't do it automatically (I think it does when the option is checked in inspector but I never tried).

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I have not seen a option to convert to webm in unity inspector. It would be great if someone could convert the vids to webm and test it on linux, if it works, I will pack those to the DFMOD and release with RC7. I can upload the vids and send a link if someone is up to the task

algfr

Post by algfr »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:25 pm I have not seen a option to convert to webm in unity inspector. It would be great if someone could convert the vids to webm and test it on linux, if it works, I will pack those to the DFMOD and release with RC7. I can upload the vids and send a link if someone is up to the task

If you give me a link to the mp4 videos you use I can try if nobody else can do it
Last edited by algfr on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

algfr

Post by algfr »

Also tell me the procedure to test them with the mod.

pango

Post by pango »

I already tested it works under Linux with a small modification of DFU and a conversion of the FMV to webm format, see the PR. I even give the ffmpeg command used for the conversion.
Where can I find all the mp4s used in DREAM?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:25 pm I have not seen a option to convert to webm in unity inspector.
There is an option named Transcode with a few settings.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

The download of all cinematics is here https://uploadfiles.io/729i0zab

I have noticed your PR on Git Pango, appreciated!

I know about the transcode option in Unity, I can select just H264 or VP8 codecs, but I have no idea if it will really work on Linux that way or which one to select really, and I dont have linux to test it, so Id preffer to have those files already converted to build linux version from.

Thank you!

pango

Post by pango »

Here we go: https://ufile.io/nfv1znam

I also submitted a PR to play .webm's on Linux
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

limorkil

Re: DREAM Mod - Sneak Key

Post by limorkil »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:45 am This weirdness apparently goes all the way to Classic, and it's options of mouse+WASD or the mouse-arrow movement. So it's not DREAM's fault. :)
Without DREAM, the correct key is displayed. With DREAM, it is not. I expect the discrepancy is probably that no-one realized there were two different Control screens, identical except for this one entry. DU did away with the mouse-arrow movement, and the Control screen displayed is the one for mouse+WASD (you don't need a sneak key for mouse-arrow because you can place the arrow closer to the center of the screen to move slower). Probably as a result of not realizing there were two and that DU did not use the default one, DREAM graphically enhanced the Daggerfall default Control screen and replaced the DU default Control screen with this version.

As you said, not really DREAM's fault, or DU's fault. Just weirdness caused by Daggerfall shipping with two control schemes, the Arena one and a "beta" improved one that was the one almost everyone actually used. The problem could be fixed if DREAM matched the DREAM Control screen with the DU one.

Jay_H

Re: DREAM Mod - Sneak Key

Post by Jay_H »

I'll merge this into the DREAM topic now to get the proper attention for it.