My UI up-scaling project.

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
TheLacus

Re: My UI up-scaling project.

Post by TheLacus »

Arl wrote: Saved Game Screen:
(Can't wait to see hi res screenshots in those panels.)
Well, it's not high resolution but i think you would like to see it anyway :)

Arl

Post by Arl »

Alright!, does this means DFU is ready for this kind of replacements?

Better put myself to work to finish those UI assets, I've been wishing to see this in game for a loooooong time! thank you Lacus.
Last edited by Arl on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Arl wrote:Alright!, does this means DFU is ready for this kind of replacements?

Better put myself to work to finish those UI assets, I've been wishing to see this in game for a loooooong time! thank you Lactus.
Your work is awesome, it has been a pleisure :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

I just saw this and immediately thought of Daggerfall. What do you think of a map with this style?

Something like this but done right
Spoiler!
map.PNG
map.PNG (1.58 MiB) Viewed 4859 times

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Too.. artictic. Not very usefull :D
Maybe use this? :roll:

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Oh man, I had forgotten about this amazing project over the past year - are Arl's images still going to be incorporated in DU soon? This UI overhaul would be an incredible game-changer for me. As Interkarma said originally, and like some other mods on the forums, I love the fact that the screens keep the game's original style, but in much higher quality.

Arl

Post by Arl »

The map is one of the most difficult one for me, because I wanted to make a better representation of the actual playable map, so I used the height and climate region maps to make this time ago:

I posted that back in the XLEngine forums, I did not post that here initially because the other things were practically finished, but with this one I was just experimenting.

I haven't worked on the map for a long time now, but eventually I will make more experiments to see what's the best way to make a definitive version.

Mike wrote:Oh man, I had forgotten about this amazing project over the past year - are Arl's images still going to be incorporated in DU soon? This UI overhaul would be an incredible game-changer for me. As Interkarma said originally, and like some other mods on the forums, I love the fact that the screens keep the game's original style, but in much higher quality.
Thank you for your words.

Right now the guy making its implementation happened is TheLacus with his replacement framework. Thanks to him I was already implementing some graphics after years of just making them, but I reached some issues so I'm just waiting for those issues to be solved in future builds, mean while Im still working on the graphics.

So don't worry, you would see a proper release of this mod eventually.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Arl wrote:The map is one of the most difficult one for me, because I wanted to make a better representation of the actual playable map, so I used the height and climate region maps to make this time ago:
Hey this is pretty great!

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Wow when it be implemented?

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Arl - OK! I appreciate all the talented people who are sharing their hard work and creativity with us (speaking as "just" a player who knows nothing at all about coding/mod creation). Hopefully the implementation won't take too many more months, but whenever it happens, it will clearly be worth the wait.