KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: DREAM Mod - Sneak Key

Post by King of Worms »

limorkil wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:51 am
Narf the Mouse wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:45 am This weirdness apparently goes all the way to Classic, and it's options of mouse+WASD or the mouse-arrow movement. So it's not DREAM's fault. :)
Without DREAM, the correct key is displayed. With DREAM, it is not. I expect the discrepancy is probably that no-one realized there were two different Control screens, identical except for this one entry. DU did away with the mouse-arrow movement, and the Control screen displayed is the one for mouse+WASD (you don't need a sneak key for mouse-arrow because you can place the arrow closer to the center of the screen to move slower). Probably as a result of not realizing there were two and that DU did not use the default one, DREAM graphically enhanced the Daggerfall default Control screen and replaced the DU default Control screen with this version.

As you said, not really DREAM's fault, or DU's fault. Just weirdness caused by Daggerfall shipping with two control schemes, the Arena one and a "beta" improved one that was the one almost everyone actually used. The problem could be fixed if DREAM matched the DREAM Control screen with the DU one.

Im still a bit confused, so what line should I change and what should be written there exactly pls? Thank you

King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:00 am Here we go: https://ufile.io/nfv1znam

I also submitted a PR to play .webm's on Linux
Thanks Pango! Im glad Linux users will have new animations as well ;)
Ive added your converting endeavor to credits

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ive made some direct comparison screens
Spoiler!
Compare B (3).jpg
Compare B (3).jpg (307.52 KiB) Viewed 860 times
Compare B (2).jpg
Compare B (2).jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 860 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Spoiler!
Compare B (5).jpg
Compare B (5).jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 860 times
Compare B (4).jpg
Compare B (4).jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 860 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Spoiler!
Compare A (5).jpg
Compare A (5).jpg (1018.22 KiB) Viewed 860 times
Compare A (6).jpg
Compare A (6).jpg (609.59 KiB) Viewed 860 times

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Wow, this is so impressive. Personally I still like the classic look best because I basically grew up with it, but I am still so surprised that this was even doable at all. It will make it a lot easier for newer players to get into Daggerfall.

How complete is DREAM now? I remember back when I tested it, weapons and paperdoll was still classic, which was kind of jarring.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:00 pm Wow, this is so impressive. Personally I still like the classic look best because I basically grew up with it, but I am still so surprised that this was even doable at all. It will make it a lot easier for newer players to get into Daggerfall.

How complete is DREAM now? I remember back when I tested it, weapons and paperdoll was still classic, which was kind of jarring.
Thanks :) I understand the sentiment towards the vanila graphics

DREAM is now 100% not counting the paperdoll. That one will take some time, but we are getting there

algfr

Post by algfr »

Thanks !

Is there a way I can put these videos at the right location myself ?

pango

Post by pango »

They need to be below .../DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Movies/
And of course will only play with a Daggerfall Unity recompiled with the small patch of above PR...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

AmmoniumDichromate

Post by AmmoniumDichromate »

Hey, looks like that thing I was whining about earlier is getting addressed. That's good. Thanks you for your efforts.
With how simple that change looks, I'm kinda embarrassed I wasn't able to figure it out myself in the several days I was messing with Unity, I got held up trying to figure out how to make the changes platform dependant as was suggested.

I barely know how to make a bash or python script and I've been using Linux as a daily driver for four years, that's probably the punchline to a joke.